Get answers to the most frequently asked financial questions about Cigna
- Does Cigna issue quarterly earnings reports?
Yes. Cigna files quarterly reports with the SEC. Please go to Quarterly Reports and SEC Filings for details.
- How do I get a copy of the Annual Report?
Cigna's annual report, Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Proxy Statements are available on our website. Please go to the Annual Reports and Proxy Statements page to view and download an electronic version.
- How can I get a copy of your SEC filings?
You can go to the Quarterly Reports and SEC Filings page of this website to view and download any filings.
- Where can I find the archive of Cigna financial statements?
Please go to the Quarterly Reports and SEC Filings section of this website to find the archive of Cigna financial statements.
- Does Cigna offer a direct stock purchase program?
Yes. Cigna stock may be purchased at any time from our broker:Computershare
250 Royal Street
Canton, MA 02021
- Does Cigna pay a cash dividend?
Cigna issues an annual dividend on its common stock. The dividend for 2015 was $0.04 a share, payable on April 10, 2015 to shareholders of record as of March 10, 2015.
- Does Cigna have a Dividend Reinvestment Program (DRIP)?
- Where is Cigna stock traded?
Cigna common shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CI.
- How can I get the current Cigna stock price?
- Who should I contact about my stock certificates, lost stock certificates or a transfer of stock to another person?
If you have any questions about these and other administrative issues, please contact:
P.O. Box 358015
Pittsburgh, PA 15252-8015, USA
- Is there currently any preferred stock outstanding?
- What was the effective date of the last stock split?
Since the formation of Cigna in 1982, there have been two stock splits. The first one was a 3-for-1 stock split with a Record Date of May 4, 1998, which means that shareholders on this date were entitled to receive two additional shares due to the split. The Ex Date, when Cigna common shares started trading at the new split-adjusted price, was May 15, 1998.
The last stock split was also a 3-for-1 split. The Record Date was May 21, 2007, and the Ex Date was June 4, 2007.
- Are there any personal income tax consequences because of a stock split?
There are no tax consequences to U.S. residents as a result of the stock split. The tax basis of each share owned after the stock split is one-third of what it was before the split. For example, if you owned 100 shares before the split with a tax basis of $30 per share, after the split you would own 300 shares of stock with a tax basis of $10 per share. Foreign residents should consult their local tax advisors.
- How does a stock split affect the number of shares outstanding and the future calculation of earnings per share?
When stock splits on a three-for-one basis, the number of shares outstanding may triple. Earnings per share are a third of what they otherwise would have been as the net earnings are divided into three times as many shares.
- When was the last annual shareholders' meeting?
April 27, 2016
- When is the next shareholders' meeting?
April 26, 2017
- Where are shareholder notices from Cigna mailed?
If you have stock certificates or hold shares directly with Computershare, any shareholder mailings from Cigna are sent to the address on file with Computershare. Please contact Computershare directly to verify your address. It is your responsibility to ensure your address is current at all times. If Computershare is unable to contact you with shareholder notices because your current address is not on file with them, you risk having your shares escheated to the state of your last known residence and losing all rights to your shares in accordance with certain state laws.
- Can individual investors listen to the conference call with analysts?
Yes, Cigna's earnings conference call with analysts is webcast live at the time of the call and available for two weeks after the announcement in the Cigna Investor Events section.
- Who can I contact with questions about my Cigna stock?
Please contact Cigna Shareholder services at 215-761-3516 or email them at ShareholderServices@Cigna.com
- When was Cigna incorporated?
Cigna was incorporated November 3, 1981.
- What is Cigna's fiscal year?
Cigna follows the calendar year; the fiscal year runs from January 1 to December 31.
- What is Cigna's mission statement?
To help the people we serve improve their health, well-being, and sense of security.
- Where can I find more information about the Anthem transaction?
Please visit betterhealthcaretogether.com for more information related to the transaction with Anthem.
- Do you have an investor presentation?
Yes, Cigna's latest investor presentation can be found here.
- When is Cigna's next investor day?
The next investor day has not yet been scheduled.
- Who are the members of Cigna's Board of Directors?
Please go to our Board of Directors section for current information on Cigna Corporation’s board.
- What are the board committees and their members?
Please go to our Committees of the Board section for more information on board committees and members.
- Who are Cigna's independent auditors?
Cigna's independent registered public accounting firm is PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Shareholders last ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP on April 27, 2016.