For security reasons, Cigna.com no longer supports your browser version. Please update your browser, or use an alternative browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox for the best Cigna.com experience.
Cigna's commitment to active and retired military members and their families runs deep, in the workplace, to the customers and communities we serve and beyond. Veterans Day each November 11 is a time to honor and recognize those who fought for our country, and we, at Cigna, say thank you to the brave men and women who served in our armed forces.
“The members of our military make the ultimate sacrifice to help protect our country,” said Wendy Barnes, president, Express Scripts Pharmacy, and U.S. Air Force veteran. “Supporting veterans and their families is a long-standing part of Cigna’s work culture, and as the nation honors our veterans this Veterans Day, we extend our gratitude and support to all of those who have served.”
Cigna was recently recognized as a 2021 Military Friendly® Employer by VIQTORY, the fourth time the company has earned this distinction. Cigna was also again recognized as a Best for Vets Employer by Military Times for the fifth time. Other workplace initiatives for veterans include:
- Salute, a resource group led and governed by Cigna employees, offers an open forum, support, and programming for employees who currently serve or have served in the military, their families, and those that support our armed forces.
- Local ambassador teams partner with military installations, colleges, and community programs to translate and match the job skills of veterans and military spouses with open roles.
“We value the unique skills and professionalism that veterans and military spouses bring to the workplace,” continued Barnes. “We believe their fortitude to innovate and their ability to work as a team directly correlates with our success in providing the highest quality of care and service to our customers around the world.”
Cigna is also proud of our deep partnerships with several leading organizations supporting our veterans each and every day, including:
- Marine Corps Marathon and Achilles Partnership: Cigna has been the presenting sponsor of the Marine Corps Marathon for the last three years, including this year’s virtual race. In addition, we’re honored to race side-by-side (in-person or virtually) with the members of the Achilles International Freedom Team.
- Veterans Recovery Resources: The Cigna Foundation provided a $100,000 grant to Veterans Recovery Resources, a community-based, non-profit organization that offers professional clinical care and peer-based wellness programs to military service members, veterans, families and caregivers in southwest Alabama and surrounding areas.
- Department of Veterans Affairs: We’re working together to educate veterans about safe opioid use and to improve the delivery of care and health outcomes for veterans.
We also bring our resources directly to the veteran community, helping family members cope with military deployment and to find assistance and support post-deployment. Some of our free resources include:
- Free Veterans Support Line (855-244-6211), available to all veterans, their families and caregivers with resources for pain management, substance use counseling and treatment, and more.
- Live guided-relaxation, exclusively available for veterans on Tuesdays at 5 pm ET. Veterans can call 866.205.5379 and use passcode 113 29 178 and then press #.
Want to thank a veteran? Send a digital thank you card. Simply select a card, type a message of gratitude, and the card will be mailed for you. Thank you cards will be sent to veterans at the Balboa Naval Medical Center and VA New York Harbor Healthcare System.