For security reasons, Cigna.com no longer supports your browser version. Please update your browser, or use an alternative browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox for the best Cigna.com experience.
Cigna sponsored the Washington Post’s "Addiction in America" forum on May 4, 2016, in Washington, D.C. to address and elevate the conversation about substance use disorders.
Cigna’s President and CEO David Cordani provided opening remarks to the more than 200 health leaders, influencers and organizations in attendance. Cordani also addressed Cigna’s commitment to substance use disorders during his on-stage interview with Dr. Susan Blumenthal, clinical professor at Tufts and Georgetown University Schools of Medicine, senior fellow at New America, senior medical advisor at amfAR and former U.S. assistant surgeon general.
Several other high-profile health and addiction leaders and experts participated in the forum, including:
- U.S. Surgeon General, Dr. Vivek Murthy
- Director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, Michael Botticelli
- Principal Deputy Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Dr. Anne Schuchat
- Mayor of Ithaca, NY, Svante Myrick
- President and CEO of Shatterproof, Gary Mendell