Community Involvement for Early Career Hires
Associates in Cigna's Leadership Development Programs are committed to making a difference in the community.
They understand that we are a part of the communities we service and so we strive to help make them better. Through various service initiatives, associates receive valuable leadership opportunities, facilitate strong relationships within their program and socialize their LDP throughout the organization.
Cigna also offers a unique community service program that provides employees with eight hours of paid time off per calendar year, which they can use to volunteer for non-profit organizations. The program is designed to help employees develop professional skills and competencies associated with their job functions through participation in volunteer activities.
Through devoting their expertise and energy to projects in the community, employees foster sustainable communities and relationships with the people we serve. In general, community service projects also help instill feelings of ownership and appreciation, and promote personal and professional growth.
Each program is proud of the community service activities they support, such as:
- Preparing over 100 backpacks for Blessings in a Backpack
- Assisting with community development plan by partnering with Community Solutions to clear a walking path in Keney Park, located in East Hartford, CT
Managed Care Rotational Program
- Assisting with American Diabetes Association (ADA) Annual Step Out Walk to raise money internally through themed lunches, auctions and food sales.
- Forming teams for the ADA walk within each department and helped to encourage participation.
- Promoting the American Heart Association (AHA) annual Heart Walk internally and acting as champions in promoting good heart health
- Fundraising including bake sales, corn hole tournaments, jean days and office carnivals
- Attending and assisting at market level health fairs that are targeted to current customers; customers have the opportunity to get a comprehensive wellness exam, ask questions to various staff members about their plan and interact with associates
- Coordinating internal fundraising activities like dime wars, jean days, silent auctions and food truck days and put together teams for the annual March of Dimes walk
Technology Early Career Development Program
- Organizing fundraising events, which have totaled over $45,000 in donations for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation
- Participating in Habitat for Humanity to help build homes for deserving families
Operations Leadership Program
- Supporting organizations in service activities, such as March of Dimes, United Way, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Goodwill, Girls on the Run
Actuarial Executive Development Program
- Running a Bowl-A-Thon that raises awareness and financial support for Junior Achievement. Read more
- Organizing volunteer events that support programs like MANNA, Metropolitan Area Neighborhood Nutrition Alliance. Read more
- Participating in and collecting food for the Food Bank of the Rockies foodrive. Read more
Explore our award-winning internship program at Cigna.
Leadership Development Programs
Our Leadership Development Programs are more than just jobs. These programs are designed to give you unique experiences and an opportunity to launch your career.