Operations Leadership Program – Internship
Cigna's Operations Leadership Program (OLP) provides early career candidates the opportunity to be directly involved with the ongoing core operations of a Fortune 100 company and health care industry leader. The projects OLP associates oversee and the teams they manage have a direct impact on the health, well-being and sense of security of those Cigna serves.
The OLP is a rotational development program within Cigna's operational departments. The OLP develops high potential individuals in order to build a pipeline of leaders within the company. Associates within the OLP complete rotations which are designed to provide cross-functional exposure to operations within different business units and geographical locations. Roles are designed to also provide associates opportunities to become skilled in core competencies like dealing with ambiguity, creativity and business acumen. Roles are available nationwide based on the business needs of our operational facilities.
The 10-week OLP internship provides students the opportunity to work on a project aligned to our business priorities and growth strategy. Opportunities are available throughout Cigna's core business operations. Interns will complete their projects with a realistic experience of what it is like to work in operations at Cigna while developing leadership skills and business acumen.
Learning and Development:
As an OLP intern, you will participate in the following opportunities:
- A multi-week training during the summer providing an introduction to the industry, corporate structure and company leaders.
- Formal training and development of management skills, such as effective communication, conflict resolution, data analysis, and motivating others.
- BA/BS in Business, Healthcare, Operations, or related field
- College junior with 3.0 GPA or better preferred
- Proven leadership and initiative, a results driven approach, and a desire to lead change
- Customer service experience demonstrating interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated individual with ability to operate independently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Location: Bloomfield, CT
You’ll learn key skills and gain experience with enterprise projects as you are exposed to project management and people management.
Why Begin with OLP
Start here and build a strong foundation of core operations with a Fortune 500 company with passion and drive.
OLP associates participate in workgroups to help drive initiatives to support the program.
The program helps you grow professionally through networking and real-world experiences while on the job.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get your questions answered about our dynamic and diverse OLP.
Operations Leadership Program Structure
OLP offers a unique experience of leadership and professional development through real-world experiences in different areas.