OLP PROVIDES DIRECT INVOLVEMENT IN CORE OPERATIONS
Cigna's Operations Leadership Program (OLP) provides associates the opportunity to be directly involved with core operations of a Fortune 100 company and health care industry leader. OLP associates oversee projects and manage teams that have a direct impact on the health, well-being and sense of security of those Cigna serves.
The OLP develops high potential, ambitious individuals to prepare them to take on roles with increasing scope and responsibility. Roles are available nationwide based on the business needs of our operational facilities.
OLP associates have many opportunities for ongoing learning and development, such as:
- An extensive, multi-week training during their first summer with Cigna, introducing the industry, corporate structure and company leaders.
- Targeted training and development of management skills, such as Strengths Finder, effective communication, conflict resolution, assessing talent, data analysis, and motivating others.
- Annual training with fellow associates in the Operations Leadership Program to continually enhance your development.
- An opportunity to participate in Cigna's Cross Program Summit, which provides opportunities to network with leadership development program associates across the enterprise and learn more about Cigna's enterprise strategy and initiatives.
Associates in the OLP rotate through a variety of positions throughout the organization, all of which allow them to make an impact on the operation and gain critical career experience. Three rotations will give you exposure to corporate and business intelligence through project management and people management roles.
Not all rotations are the same. For example, most project management roles involve being a contributor to project teams aimed at enhancing operational activities through strategizing new approaches or seeking efficiencies in current processes. People management roles usually consist of directly managing a team, including setting team priorities, managing goals, hiring, onboarding and focusing on staff development.
The OLP provides unique and extensive opportunities and experiences that support lasting career growth.
Following are five program benefits that may help you determine if OLP is the right fit for you:
- Gain exposure to different functional areas within Cigna, as well as the opportunity to relocate to different offices
- Get professional growth opportunities
- Go through the transition to a professional workplace with your colleagues
- Make a difference in your community
- Get high visibility from senior leaders at Cigna, along with extensive networking opportunities
If program benefits are appealing to you, please learn more about what Cigna has to offer through the Operations Leadership Program.
Learn what an internship in Cigna's Operations Leadership Program (OLP) can provide.
You’ll learn key skills and gain experience with enterprise projects as you are exposed to project management and people management.
The program helps you grow professionally through networking and real-world experiences while on the job.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get your questions answered about our dynamic and diverse OLP.
Operations Leadership Program Structure
OLP offers a unique experience of leadership and professional development through real-world experiences in different areas.
OLP associates participate in workgroups to help drive initiatives to support the program.