Cigna has relationships with numerous Marketplace and Exchange companies and numerous Premier Technology platforms that serve employers with 50 or more employees. Cigna works with brokers, consultants and technology platforms to deliver value by creating choice, managing cost, driving engagement, and providing a retail-like shopping experience for employees. Our consultative approach brings together a broad suite of Cigna products, network solutions and benefit plans tailored to the employee and employer experience.
- Strategic leadership and expertise on the exchange, marketplace and technology solutions environment.
- Client- and customer-centered experiences.
- Programs and services to help improve health and engagement and lower total medical cost.
Features of Marketplace and Exchange Solutions
- Broad set of single-carrier or multi-carrier models and standard plans and customizable plan designs.
- Health plan services that drive improved health outcomes and lower costs.
- Easier implementation, tighter integration and seamless benefit administration that leverage repeatable processes, tools and best practices to ensure a successful experience.
- Additional services such as eligibility determination, enrollment reporting, payroll management, regulatory compliance, and more.
- Offer value-add opportunities such as improved employee education and engagement strategies.
93% of surveyed clients intend to stay with their current marketplace/exchange model and with Cigna as their medical carrier.1
- Offer employees more choice of products to meet their needs including medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) and disability insurance, as well as voluntary insurance solutions such as accidental injury, critical illness and hospital care.
- 24/7 live customer service for medical, pharmacy, behavioral and dental as well as digital tools for medical and dental customers.
- A shopping experience similar to other online retail experiences.
- Decision support tools to help employees make confident benefit choices and guide them through the benefit enrollment process.
- For retirees (pre- and post-65): Cigna products vary by exchange or marketplace, but include Cigna-HealthSpring® Medicare Advantage medical and prescription drug plans, group retiree plans, dental and prescription drug plans.
92%-95% employee satisfaction based on enrollee feedback2
Brokers and employers who leverage Cigna's Benefit, Exchange and Technology solutions have access to:
- Strategic and consultative support from dedicated teams who understand local market dynamics and industry trends.
- Oversight of employer experiences from implementation through enrollment and beyond.
- Employer and employee-centered experiences.
- Programs and services to help improve employee health and engagement and lower total medical cost.
- Brokers, employers, employees and stakeholders get the value of Cigna’s integrated approach to achieving affordability over time. And, when benefits are integrated or “bundled,” there are additional opportunities to save. In fact, disconnected care can cost 200%–300% more.3
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies4
- Most plans offer access to Cigna's large national network of labs, x-ray and radiology offices, and dialysis centers
- Consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs), health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees4
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers
* The Cigna Easy Choice Tool is not available for dental, vision or other benefits. This tool does not process enrollment elections and is for informational purposes only.
1 Cigna Private Exchange Client Usage & Attitudes Study, August 2018.
2 Milliman. 2/2018 “Potential economic impact of integrated medical-behavioral healthcare”.
3 For Emergency Services as defined by the applicable plan documents.
4 Incentive programs are funded by the employer and may not be available with all product types.
Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Group medical and dental plans are insured or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC) or its affiliates. Group term life, accident, disability and voluntary insurance plans are insured or administered by Life Insurance Company of North America (LINA), except in NY, where insured plans are offered by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York (New York, NY). Policy forms: Medical – OK: HP-APP-1 et al (CHLIC), TN: HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al (CHLIC); Dental – OK: HP-POL99 et al, TN: HP-POL69/HC-CER2V1 et al (CHLIC); Disability & Term Life - TL-004700 et al, Accident - GA-00-1000.00 et al, Accidental Injury - GAI-00-1000 & GAI-00-1000.OR et al, Critical Illness - GCI-00-1000, GCI-02-1000, GCI-00-0000.OR & GCI-02-0000.OR et al, Hospital Care (Indemnity) - GHIP-00-1000 & GHIP-00-1000.ORa et al (LINA).