Truly integrated benefits for improved affordability, predictability, and simplicity.
A better healthcare experience can only come from truly integrated benefits. We have over 30 years of experience and specialized expertise in pharmacy, medical, and behavioral1 – all working together as one team for you.
At Cigna, we start with one clinical platform, across all our benefits, which far surpasses the ability of limited and delayed data feeds. It’s real-time, interwoven into all our benefits for actionable insights, proactive and timely customer engagement, and provider collaboration resulting in real impact. This delivers a total healthcare approach that focuses on the whole-person – with more affordability, predictability, and simplicity.
Financial Predictability and Protection
Our total cost of care approach with funding options and solutions helps improve affordability and eliminates surprises.
- Formulary and utilization management that removes unreasonably priced, low-value drugs and focuses on the lowest net cost
- Complete specialty drug management across benefits, focusing on total medical costs and condition-specific care
- Minimizes exposure to unexpected risks with programs like integrated stop-loss insurance for self-funded plans and Embarc Benefit ProtectionSM solution for emerging gene therapies
Customer Engagement and Clinical Support
Addressing the whole-person, across all benefits, helps to improve outcomes and drive to the lowest total cost of care.
- Proactive customer engagement using our integrated, real-time data and predictive analytics to identify those at risk and intervene with coaching, case management, or behavioral counseling
- Specialized clinical outreach in specific diseases and behavioral conditions, and personal guides coaching customers to their high value opportunity
- Cost savings programs like the Patient Assurance Program and dedicated copay assistance teams making medication more affordable and driving better adherence and improved outcomes
- Convenience of medication delivery with home delivery that focuses on making adherence easier for customers
Using our integrated, real-time data helps make an impact by getting the right information in the hands of the right caregiver at the right time.
- Cigna accountable care with embedded care coordinators working with physicians, health system providers, and Cigna Pharmacists actively mining real-time, integrated data, to close gaps in care and deliver affordable options
- Point of care support with Real Time Benefit Check showing lower-cost alternatives and allows for electronic and auto prior authorization (ePA) in the patient’s electronic health record for a more simple experience
- Closing gaps in care using real-time, integrated medical, lab and pharmacy data to identify gaps and send provider alerts via electronic real-time messaging, fax and mail
One Dedicated Team
Experts in pharmacy, medical, and behavioral work together as a team for true whole-person support and a simpler experience for clients and customers.
- One dedicated team that is accountable to you for implementing, monitoring, and providing ongoing guidance for all your benefits
- One expertly designed plan with one set of consistent policies built to work together
- Simpler administration with one contract, financial process, and a concierge as a single point of contact for our customers, resulting in less to manage and less stress for your benefits team
- Integrated reporting with a complete, whole-person view, across benefits to provide analysis, strategic, and actionable insights
Cigna Value of Integration Study2
For the fifth year in a row, our Value of Integration study proves that when benefits are built to work together as one, we can better engage our customers to take control of their health, while driving savings and ease for our clients and customers.
Stay Up-To-Date on the Latest Cigna Pharmacy News
The Dose newsletter keeps you up-to-date on insights and updates from Cigna Pharmacy, including industry news and trends, drug recalls, formulary changes, and more.
- 25% higher customer engagement in medical case management and behavioral coaching
- 7% higher use of high performing providers
- 6% less use of an emergency room
- $227 PMPY savings across our book of business
- $478 PMPY savings for those who engaged who have a musculoskeletal condition
- $4,741 PMPY savings for those engaged with a health improvement opportunity
- $2,777 PMPY savings for those engaged who have a diabetes diagnosis
- $6,438 PMPY savings for those engaged who take specialty drugs
- $6,708 PMPY savings for those engaged who have a cancer diagnosis
1Cigna national book of business analysis full year 2019 – includes commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and Payer
2Cigna 2020 book of business study of medical customers with integrated medical, pharmacy, and total behavioral health vs. those with Cigna medical and carved-out pharmacy. Individual results will vary; not guaranteed. Average annual per member per year (PMPY) and per patient per year (PPPY).
Cigna products and services are provided by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna Behavioral Health, Inc., Express Scripts, Inc., or their affiliates. Policy forms: OK - HP-APP-1 et al., OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al. (CHLIC). Plans include exclusions and limitations and may not be available in all areas. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative.