A serious injury or death can be catastrophic to a family – and the unexpected expenses that may arise can cause added stress. Cigna provides support to you and your employees during these life-changing events. Including Cigna Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance on an employer- or employee-paid basis in your comprehensive benefits strategy helps employees stay financially protected and better prepared.
How it Works for your Employees
- Payment provided in the case of a serious injury or death due to a covered accident and living benefits for non-fatal catastrophic injuries.
- Benefits paid can help pay for unexpected expenses not covered by other insurance benefits such as life, disability, health or workers’ compensation. Unexpected costs may include home and vehicle modification, physical therapy and rehabilitation, spouse job training and childcare.
- Substantial, guaranteed-issue coverage. Usually offered with no medical questions or exam requirements for employees.
- Automatic claims submission for employees who also have Cigna's Accidental Injury, Critical Illness or Hospital Care coverage. We'll automatically file their accidental injury, critical illness or hospital care claim for them based on their Cigna AD&D claim data.
Value-add Programs and Services
With Cigna AD&D insurance, employees and their families have access to a suite of programs and services available for use at any time.1
- Cigna Secure Travel® Program – A comprehensive worldwide travel assistance program that includes pre-trip planning and emergency assistance to covered persons while traveling 100 miles or more from home.
- Cigna Healthy Rewards® Program – Discounts for employees and their family members on a variety of health and wellness products and services.
- Cigna Identity Theft Program – Identity theft prevention and resolution services including personal assistance, guidance and tools to help prevent identity theft in the future.
- Cignaassurance® Program – An interest-bearing account at no extra cost for beneficiary payments of $5,000 or more and support from experienced resources in financial, legal and bereavement services.
- CignaWillCenter.com – Online tools to create state-specific legal documents for wills and powers of attorney and resources for estate and funeral planning.
1These programs are NOT insurance and do not provide reimbursement for financial losses. Customers are required to pay the entire discounted charge for any discounted products or services available through these programs. Some Cigna Secure Travel emergency assistance benefits may be insured under the Group Accident Insurance policy. Cignassurance is available to beneficiaries receiving coverage checks over $5,000 from group life and personal accident programs. Counseling, legal or financial assistance programs are not available under policies insured by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Programs are provided by third-party vendors, and not by Cigna. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
Group AD&D insurance is offered by Life Insurance Company of North America, except in NY where policies are insured by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York (New York, NY). Plans may not be available in all areas. All group insurance policies may contain exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. Policy form: GA-00-1000.00 et al.