A serious injury or death can be catastrophic to a family – and the unexpected expenses that may arise can cause added stress. Cigna provides support to you and your employees during these life-changing events. Including Cigna Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance on an employer- or employee-paid basis in your comprehensive benefits strategy helps employees stay financially protected and better prepared.
How it Works for your Employees
- Payment provided in the case of a serious injury or death due to a covered accident and living benefits for non-fatal catastrophic injuries.
- Benefits paid can help pay for unexpected expenses not covered by other insurance benefits such as life, disability, health or workers’ compensation. Unexpected costs may include home and vehicle modification, physical therapy and rehabilitation, spouse job training and childcare.
- Substantial, guaranteed-issue coverage. Usually offered with no medical questions or exam requirements for employees.
- Automatic claims submission for employees who also have Cigna's Accidental Injury, Critical Illness or Hospital Care coverage. We'll automatically file their accidental injury, critical illness or hospital care claim for them based on their Cigna AD&D claim data.
Value-add Programs and Services
With Cigna AD&D insurance, employees and their families have access to a suite of programs and services available for use at any time.1
- Cigna Life Assistance ProgramSM
Cigna Life Assistance Program offers work/life support, referrals to counseling and community services for employees' and household members' life challenges.
- My Secure AdvantageTM
My Secure AdvantageTM is a full service financial wellness program that offers solutions to all types of personal financial challenges. The program includes access to expert "money coaching" for many types of financial needs, identity theft resolution and protection, online will preparation, educational webinars, access to a library of financial tools, forms and tips, and more.
- Cigna Healthy Reward®
Cigna Healthy Rewards® offers discounts for you and your family members on a wide range of health and wellness products and services, including nutrition and weight management, alternative medicine, fitness and mind/body programs and equipment, hearing and vision care, and more.
Cignassurance® offers an interest-bearing account at no charge for beneficiary payments of $5,000 or more through Cigna Group Insurance life and accident insurance policies. Beneficiaries also have access to Life Assistance, My Secure Advantage and Healthy Rewards.
- Cigna Secure Travel®
Cigna Secure Travel® is a comprehensive worldwide travel assistance program that includes pre-trip planning and emergency assistance to covered persons while traveling 100 miles or more from home.
1These programs are NOT insurance and do not provide reimbursement for financial losses.
Some restrictions may apply. Programs are provided through third party vendors who are solely responsible for their products and services. Full terms, conditions and exclusions are contained in the applicable client program description, and are subject to change. Program availability may vary by plan type and location, and are not available where prohibited by law. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
Group AD&D insurance is offered by Life Insurance Company of North America, except in NY where policies are insured by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York (New York, NY). Plans may not be available in all areas. All group insurance policies may contain exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. Policy form: GA-00-1000.00 et al.