Nobody wants to think about accidents. But when something happens, you want to help your employees focus on getting better, and worry less about medical bills. Even with medical coverage, out-of-pocket expenses such as rehabilitation, transportation and childcare can quickly add up. Supplemental health benefits such as accidental injury coverage can offer a cost-effective solution to provide the additional coverage employees and their families need to bounce back from a health setback so they can be whole again – body, mind and wallet.
How it Works for your Employees
- A payment is made directly to the covered person for a broad range of injuries or treatments associated with a covered accident.
- No restrictions on how the money can be used. Coverage continues after the first covered accident – helping provide additional protection for any future accidents.
- Supplements your medical plan – Benefits are separate from medical plan, do not coordinate, and are paid directly to you.
- Cost-effective coverage. Benefits are offered on an employee-paid basis and employees sign up at economical group rates, so they typically pay less for coverage than if they tried to purchase coverage individually.
- Maximize employee benefit payments with Cigna Simple File®.
Auto compare* – For customers who also have Cigna’s medical coverage, we carefully review Cigna medical claims and remind customers to submit their eligible accidental injury, critical illness, or hospital care (indemnity) claim.
Auto claim* – For customers who also have Cigna's disability, life and/or accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage – we'll automatically file their eligible accidental injury, critical illness, or hospital care (indemnity) claim so they can focus on their health.
- Convenience. No copays, deductibles, coinsurance restrictions or network requirements to worry about, and premiums are deducted from employee paychecks.
- Benefits are portable. Employees can keep their coverage if they leave their employer.1
Value-add Programs and Services
With Cigna Accidental Injury insurance, your employees and their families have access to a suite of programs and services available for use at any time.2
- My Secure AdvantageTM
My Secure Advantage is a full service financial wellness program that offers solutions to all types of personal financial challenges. The program includes access to expert "money coaching" for many types of financial needs, identity theft resolution and protection, online will preparation, educational webinars, access to a library of financial tools, forms and tips, and more.
- Cigna Health Advocacy Services3
Cigna Health Advocacy Services offers personalized assistance to help you and your family members, including parents and parents-in-law, navigate a wide range of health care and health insurance challenges. It also includes Medical Bill Saver – a service to help negotiate discounts on out-of-pocket medical expenses.
*The Simple File process is based on a one-time assessment of the initial claim documentation for the primary claim. Any subsequent events would not be identified.
1 Under most plans, coverage is portable and ends at age 100.
2 These programs are NOT insurance and do not provide reimbursement for financial losses.
Some restrictions may apply. Programs are provided through third party vendors who are solely responsible for their products and services. Full terms, conditions and exclusions are contained in the applicable client program description, and are subject to change. Program availability may vary by plan type and location, and are not available where prohibited by law. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
3 This program is available at the option of the employer for an additional cost and not available to Health Advocate, Inc. existing clients.
Group Accidental Injury insurance is offered by Life Insurance Company of North America, except in NY where policies are insured by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York (New York, NY). Plans may not be available in all areas. All group insurance policies may contain exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. Policy forms: GAI-00-1000, GAI-00-1000.OR et al.
GROUP ACCIDENT INSURANCE POLICIES PAY LIMITED BENEFITS ONLY. THEY DO NOT CONSTITUTE COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO COVER ALL MEDICAL EXPENSES. THIS COVERAGE DOES NOT SATISFY THE “MINIMUM ESSENTIAL COVERAGE” OR INDIVIDUAL MANDATE REQUIREMENTS OF THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT (ACA). LACK OF MAJOR MEDICAL COVERAGE (OR OTHER MINIMUM ESSENTIAL COVERAGE) MAY RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL PAYMENT WITH YOUR TAXES. THIS COVERAGE IS NOT A MEDICAID OR MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT POLICY