Cigna works with brokers, consultants and technology platforms to deliver value by creating choice, managing cost, driving engagement through technology, and providing a retail shopping experience. Brokers and employers who leverage Cigna's benefit technology solutions have access to:
- Strategic leadership and expertise on the exchange, marketplace and technology solutions environment
- Client- and customer-centered experiences
- Programs and services to help improve health and engagement and lower total medical cost
Features of Exchanges, Marketplaces and Human Resources Technology Solutions
- A shopping experience similar to other retail experiences
- Decision support tools to help employees make choices and guide them through the benefit enrollment process
- Efficient implementation, leveraging repeatable processes, tools and best practices to ensure a successful experience
- Choice, flexibility and ability to leverage a full suite of solutions, either pre-built or with varied levels of customization
- Single-carrier or multi-carrier models to meet employers' differing needs
- Additional services such as eligibility determination, enrollment reporting, payroll management, regulatory compliance, and more
Third-Party Active and Retiree Exchanges and Marketplaces
- Cigna has relationships with more than 40 exchanges and marketplaces that serve clients with 50 or more employees
- Our consultative approach brings together a broad suite of Cigna products, network solutions and benefit plans tailored to the customer and client experience
- Customers, clients, brokers and stakeholders get the value of Cigna’s integrated approach to achieving affordability over time
- For active employees: Employers can decide to offer a wide variety of Cigna products, including medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) and disability, as well as voluntary solutions such as accidental injury, critical illness and hospital care.
- For retirees (pre- and post-65): Cigna products vary by exchange or marketplace, but include Cigna-HealthSpring® Medicare Advantage medical and prescription drug plans, Medicare Supplement, dental and prescription drug plans.
Cigna Easy Choice Tool
- Easy-to-install, easy-to-use online decision support tool for Cigna medical plans.*
- The Cigna Easy Choice Tool can act as a standalone decision support tool for employers who don't have a benefit administration system
- Installed in as little as five days depending on case complexity
- Option to complement a paper enrollment process
- How it works: Employees answer a few brief questions about their location, health, medical plan needs and provider preferences. The tool generates a customized summary of the Cigna medical plans offered by their employer, ranked by “Best Fit,” “Next Best Fit” and “Good Fit.” Employees can then compare plans and think about the best choice for them, or save their results to use during the enrollment process.
Benefits of Cigna Medical Plans
- 24/7/365 live customer service, when and where employees need it
- Worldwide in-network coverage for emergencies1
- Most plans offer access to Cigna's large national network of labs, x-ray and radiology offices, and dialysis centers
- Consumer driven health plan (CDHP) accounts, including health reimbursement accounts (HRAs), health savings accounts (HSAs), and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Option for employers to bundle pharmacy, behavioral health, dental, and more
- Optional health and wellness incentive programs to encourage and reward employees2
- Self-funded and fully insured funding options for employers
1For Emergency Services as defined by the applicable plan documents.
2Incentive programs are funded by the employer and may not be available with all product types
Product availability may vary by location and plan type and is subject to change. All group insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. Group medical and dental plans are insured or administered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC) or its affiliates. Group term life, accident, disability and voluntary insurance plans are insured or administered by Life Insurance Company of North America (LINA), except in NY, where insured plans are offered by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York (New York, NY). Policy forms: Medical – OK: HP-APP-1 et al (CHLIC), TN: HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al (CHLIC); Dental – OK: HP-POL99 et al, TN: HP-POL69/HC-CER2V1 et al (CHLIC); Disability & Term Life - TL-004700 et al, Accident - GA-00-1000.00 et al, Accidental Injury - GAI-00-1000 & GAI-00-1000.OR et al, Critical Illness - GCI-00-1000, GCI-02-1000, GCI-00-0000.OR & GCI-02-0000.OR et al, Hospital Care (Indemnity) - GHIP-00-1000 & GHIP-00-1000.ORa et al (LINA).
This page is not intended for residents of WA or WY