Critical illness can be difficult – financial recovery doesn’t have to be. When a serious illness strikes, help your employees focus on getting better, and worry less about medical bills. Even with medical coverage, out-of-pocket expenses such as travel, room and board, childcare or treatment options can quickly add up. Voluntary benefits such as critical illness coverage can offer a cost-effective solution and bolster your organization's benefit package. They also give employees more control over their coverage and can help them feel more comfortable with choosing a high-deductible health plan.
How it Works for your Employees
- Pays a lump-sum to the covered person (or their designee) for diagnosis of a covered critical illness or specified disease condition.
- No restrictions on how the money can be used and, depending on plan design, coverage can provide additional protection for later diagnosed conditions.
- Separate from a medical plan. Employees do not have to be enrolled in a medical plan to elect critical illness insurance.
- Cost-effective coverage. Benefits offered on an employee-paid basis, but employees sign up at economical group rates – so they may pay less for coverage than if they purchased coverage individually.
- Maximize employee benefit payments with Cigna Simple File®. Auto compare – we carefully review Cigna medical claims and remind employees to submit their eligible accidental injury claim. Auto claim – for employees who also have Cigna's disability, life and/or AD&D coverage – we'll automatically file their eligible critical illness claim (based on claim data) for so they don't have to.
- Convenience. No copays, deductibles, coinsurance restrictions or network requirements to worry about and insurance premiums can be deducted from employee paychecks.
- Benefits are portable. Employees can keep their coverage if they leave their employer.1
Value-add Programs and Services
With Cigna Critical Illness insurance, your employees and their families have access to a suite of programs and services available for use at any time.2
- My Secure AdvantageTM
My Secure AdvantageTM is a full service financial wellness program that offers solutions to all types of personal financial challenges. The program includes access to expert "money coaching" for many types of financial needs, identity theft resolution and protection, online will preparation, educational webinars, access to a library of financial tools, forms and tips, and more.
- Cigna Healthy Rewards®
Cigna Healthy Rewards® offers discounts for you and your family members on a wide range of health and wellness products and services, including nutrition and weight management, alternative medicine, fitness and mind/body programs and equipment, hearing and vision care, and more.
- Cigna Health Advocacy Services
Cigna Health Advocacy Services offers personalized assistance to help you and your family members, including parents and parents-in-law, navigate a wide range of health care and health insurance challenges.
If you provide a mobile number, you acknowledge that clicking “Submit” below shall constitute your electronic signature and agreement to receive marketing communications which may be sent through an automatic telephone dialing system or prerecorded message from Cigna at the mobile number provided. This consent is not required to purchase products or services from Cigna.
Group Critical Illness insurance is offered by Life Insurance Company of North America, except in NY where policies are insured by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York (New York, NY).Plans may not be available in all areas. All group insurance policies may contain exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. Policy forms: GCI-00-1000, GCI-02-1000, GCI-00-0000.OR, GCI-02-0000.OR et al.
1Under most plans, coverage is portable and ends at age 100
2These programs are NOT insurance and do not provide reimbursement for financial losses.
Some restrictions may apply. Programs are provided through third party vendors who are solely responsible for their products and services. Full terms, conditions and exclusions are contained in the applicable client program description, and are subject to change. Program availability may vary by plan type and location, and are not available where prohibited by law. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
3This program is available at the option of the employer for an additional cost and not available to Health Advocate, Inc. existing clients.
Group Critical Illness insurance is offered by Life Insurance Company of North America. Plans may not be available in all areas. All group insurance policies may contain exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative. Policy forms: GCI-00-1000, GCI-02-1000, GCI-00-0000.OR, GCI-02-0000.OR et al.