Your employees are probably more productive when they are healthy. Cigna's disability programs focuses on helping them stay healthy and at work. We believe one of the best ways to reduce a disability-related absence is to prevent it from occurring in the first place. That’s why, in addition to helping employees while they are out of work, our disability programs focus on helping them stay healthier at work.
Short- and Long-term Disability Solutions
- A broad disability plan portfolio and flexible funding arrangements allow us to design a customized disability program to meet your organization’s needs.
- Programs and resources to help keep employees healthy, happy and productive at work.
- Dedicated service and simplified administration for you and your employees.
- Vocational services help at-risk employees stay healthy at work. If a disability occurs, vocational services help get them back to life and work.
- Active case management to promote the employee's return to work.
- Cost-sharing options available.
How it Works for your Employees
- Pays a percentage of covered earnings when employees are disabled due to a covered illness or injury and out of work for a period of time.
- Quick disability claim decisions to help employees keep a portion of their income during a disability.
- Automatic claims submission for employees who also have Cigna’s Accidental Injury, Critical Illness or Hospital Care coverage. We’ll automatically file their accidental injury, critical illness or hospital care claim for them based on their Cigna disability claim data.
Value-add Programs and Services
With Cigna life insurance, employees and their families have access to a suite of programs and services available for use at any time.2
- Cigna Life Assistance ProgramSM
Cigna Life Assistance Program offers work/life support, referrals to counseling and community services for employees' and household members' life challenges.
- My Secure AdvantageTM
My Secure AdvantageTM is a full service financial wellness program that offers solutions to all types of personal financial challenges. The program includes access to expert "money coaching" for many types of financial needs, identity theft resolution and protection, online will preparation, educational webinars, access to a library of financial tools, forms and tips, and more.
- Cigna Health Advocacy Services (Optional at added cost)
Cigna Health Advocacy Services offers personalized assistance to help you and your family members, including parents and parents-in-law, navigate a wide range of health care and health insurance challenges.
1These programs are NOT insurance and do not provide reimbursement for financial losses.
Some restrictions may apply. Programs are provided through third party vendors who are solely responsible for their products and services. Full terms, conditions and exclusions are contained in the applicable client program description, and are subject to change. Program availability may vary by plan type and location, and are not available where prohibited by law. Contact your Cigna representative for details.
2This program is available at the option of the employer for an additional cost. This program is embedded with LTD, but may be removed upon request.
3Services available at the option of employer for an additional cost and not available to Health Advocate, Inc. existing clients.
Group disability plans are insured and/or administered by Life Insurance Company of North America, except in NY where insured plans are offered by Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York (New York, NY). Plans may not be available in all areas. All group insurance policies may contain exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your Cigna representative.