With our whole health approach, we support customers with the most challenging health conditions across all sites of care and administration, optimizing total health care costs and improving outcomes.
Managing spend for the most costly conditions
With a seamless view across medical, behavioral, and pharmacy benefits, our clients have the unique ability to manage high specialty costs holistically.
- Lowest net cost strategy to aggressively managing high cost specialty drugs.
- Site of care management helps steer customers to the most cost effective, clinically appropriate therapy location, eliminating often undetected cost increase trade-offs between benefits.
- Condition-based formulary across medical and pharmacy benefits, includes Prior Authorization, Quantity Limits & Day(s) Supply, and limits on inappropriate off-label use.
- Collaborative physician arrangements through our Accountable Care program maximize connected customer data to look for gaps in care as well as lower cost Rx options, and take action.
Caring for our customers with the most complex needs
With Accredo, we can provide personalized, comprehensive support to our customers living with the most serious health conditions.
- 99% limited and exclusive specialty drug access to therapies critical to customers with rare and complex conditions1.
- Over 350 proprietary clinical protocols to make sure our customers are taking the right medication and staying adherent.
- Dedicated, proactive copay assistance teams. Accredo helped customers connect with $670M in financial assistance in 20182.
- Access to over 500 condition-focused pharmacists and 550 home infusion nurses, across 15 specialty Therapeutic Resource Centers (TRCs)3 each with extensive training and experience in specific disease states and medications.
Cigna has earned full URAC Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation validating our service, safety and improvement-oriented processes and programs.
199.1% access to specialty drugs through Accredo. Based on a 2018 analysis of Express Scripts adjudicated claims volume for commercial and health plan payers for limited distribution, exclusive distribution, and open access specialty drugs.
2Express Scripts book of business data 2018.
3Accredo operations data, 2019. Subject to change.
Pharmacy benefit plans and management services are offered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Express Scripts, Inc., or their affiliates. “Accredo” refers to Accredo Health Group, Inc., a Cigna company. Accredo and Therapeutic Resource Centers are service marks of Express Scripts Strategic Development, Inc. Plans contain exclusions and limitations and may not be available in all areas. For costs and details of coverage, contact a Cigna representative. CHLIC policy forms: OK - HP-APP-1 et al., OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al.