Express Scripts Medicare® Part D (PDP) Customers
Your Express Scripts Medicare® prescription drug plan is moving to a Cigna prescription drug plan for 2022. Explore your new Cigna benefits and what you need to know to get started with Cigna.
Annual Enrollment Period
You can switch plans during Medicare Annual Enrollment October 15 - December 7, 2021.
8 am - 8 pm, October 1 - March 31
Welcome to Cigna
If you’re a previous Express Scripts Medicare Part D Plan (PDP) customer, your plan is now part of the Cigna family. You’re automatically enrolled and don’t have to do anything to start your new Cigna benefits.
If you had an Express Scripts Saver plan or Choice plan in 2021, you'll be enrolled in the 2022 Cigna Extra plan.
If you had an Express Scripts Value plan in 2021, you'll be enrolled in the 2022 Cigna Secure plan.
Coverage You Can Rely On
Express Scripts Pharmacy®
Online Access to Your Plan
Affordable and Flexible Plan Options
Additional Benefits for Customers with Diabetes
If you have a Cigna Extra Plan, you’ll also get coverage in the gap and $0 copays on select Tier 6 insulins at a preferred pharmacy.
Amounts shown are for the Annual Deductible and Initial Coverage stages only.
Error loading table data.
Error loading table data.
* If you are enrolled in the Saver plan, starting on January 1, 2022, CVS Pharmacy® will no longer be a preferred pharmacy. CVS will remain in-network as a standard pharmacy.
Your new Cigna ID card with your customer ID will arrive in the mail mid-November.
You’ll be able to start using your new card on January 1, 2022.
Please continue to use your current Express Scripts ID card until December 31, 2021.
Once you receive your Cigna ID card in the mail, you'll be able to register for
- Tools and resources to help you pay your premium
- Claims and your Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Express Scripts Home Delivery Pharmacy information, including managing your prescription refills online
- Communication preferences, including paperless document delivery for select documents
Express Scripts Pharmacy Prescriptions
Any Express Scripts Home Delivery prescription refills will automatically transfer to your new plan. However, the phone number you should call will change effective January 1, 2022.
To place a refill by phone or to check the status of an order beginning in January, you may reach the Express Scripts Pharmacy at:
8 am - 12 am ET, 7 days a week
Please retain this new phone number for your records.
You may also place an Express Scripts home delivery order online. Once you receive your Cigna ID card, register on
For questions about your new Cigna plan, call customer service at the number on the back of your new Cigna ID card.
Retail Pharmacy Prescriptions
Cigna offers access to more than 30,000 pharmacies with preferred-cost sharing, including major pharmacies such as Walgreens, Walmart, and Kroger. You can use any pharmacy in our network, but your costs for some drugs may be lower at pharmacies that offer preferred cost-sharing.
If you use an independent (non-chain) pharmacy, some pharmacies will move from preferred to standard.
If you are enrolled in the Saver plan, starting on January 1, 2022, CVS Pharmacy® will no longer be a preferred pharmacy. CVS will remain in-network as a standard pharmacy.
To fill prescriptions at your local retail pharmacy, simply present your new Cigna ID card, effective January 1, 2022.
Automatic Bank or Credit Card Payments
If you’re currently signed up to pay your Express Scripts premiums through your bank or credit card, you’ll need to sign up with Cigna once you receive your ID card in November.
To set up automatic payments or make a one-time online payment:
Medicare Premium Payment Optionsor call Customer Service at (TTY 711), 8 am - 8 pm.
If you pay your premiums through an online bill pay service provided by your bank with Express Scripts as the payee, you will need to update the payee information to Cigna. Include your Cigna customer ID in the memo field:
Payee: Cigna PDP
Mailing Address: Cigna PDP, PO Box 747102, Pittsburgh, PA 15274-7102
Social Security Administration/Railroad Retirement Board (SSA/RRB) Deductions
If you've set up Social Security Administration or Railroad Retirement Board deductions, you don’t need to do anything. Your deductions will automatically apply toward your Cigna premium payment.
Easily access the following Cigna plan documents from the
Evidence of Coverage (EOC)
Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC)
If you’d like to see your Explanation of Benefits (EOB), register and login to
For past claims with Express Scripts Medicare (PDP), you will still be able to access your member portal at
Help is here.
A Special Note to Caregivers
Please provide a copy of any legal documentation such as a Power of Attorney or Conservatorship to Cigna. This information will not automatically transfer from Express Scripts.
Mail or fax this information, along with the Cigna customer ID, to:
Mailing Address: Cigna, P.O Box 269005, Weston, FL 33326-9927
Fax: 1 (800) 735-1469
1 Depending on eligibility.
2 Premiums and copays/coinsurance may vary by plan and region.
Customer Plan Links
Other Cigna Websites
Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D Policy Disclaimers
All Cigna products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation. The Cigna name, logos, and other Cigna marks are owned by Cigna Intellectual Property, Inc. Cigna contracts with Medicare to offer Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans and Part D Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) in select states, and with select State Medicaid programs. Enrollment in Cigna depends on contract renewal.
Medicare Supplement Policy Disclaimers
Medicare Supplement website content not approved for use in: Oregon.
AN OUTLINE OF COVERAGE IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. We'll provide an outline of coverage to all persons at the time the application is presented.
Our company and agents are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the federal Medicare program. This is a solicitation for insurance. An insurance agent may contact you. Premium and benefits vary by plan selected. Plan availability varies by state. Medicare Supplement policies are underwritten by Cigna National Health Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, American Retirement Life Insurance Company or Loyal American Life Insurance Company. Each insurer has sole responsibility for its own products.
The following Medicare Supplement Plans are available to persons eligible for Medicare due to disability: Plan A in Arkansas, Connecticut, Indiana, Maryland, Oklahoma, Texas, and Virginia; Plans A, F, and G in North Carolina; and Plans C and D in New Jersey for individuals aged 50-64. Medicare Supplement policies contain exclusions, limitations, and terms under which the policies may be continued in force or discontinued. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact the company.
This website is designed as a marketing aid and is not to be construed as a contract for insurance. It provides a brief description of the important features of the policy. Please refer to the policy for the full terms and conditions of coverage.
In Kentucky, Plans A, F, G, HDG, N are available under Cigna National Health Insurance Company, Plans A, F, G, HDF, N are available under Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company and Plans A, B, C, D, F, G, N are available under Loyal American Life Insurance Company.
Kansas Disclosures, Exclusions and Limitations
Medicare Supplement Policy Forms: Plan A: CNHIC-MS-AA-A-KS, CNHIC-MS-AO-A-KS; Plan F: CNHIC-MS-AA-F-KS, CNHIC-MS-AO-F-KS; Plan G: CNHIC-MS-AA-G-KS, CNHIC-MS-AO-G-KS; Plan N: CNHIC-MS-AA-N-KS, CNHIC-MS-AO-N-KS
Exclusions and Limitations:
The benefits of this policy will not duplicate any benefits paid by Medicare. The combined benefits of this policy and the benefits paid by Medicare may not exceed one-hundred percent (100%) of the Medicare Eligible Expenses incurred. This policy will not pay benefits for the following:
(1) the Medicare Part B Deductible;
(2) any expense which You are not legally obligated to pay; or services for which no charge is normally made in the absence of insurance;
(3) any services that are not medically necessary as determined by Medicare;
(4) any portion of any expense for which payment is made by Medicare or other government programs (except Medicaid); or for which payment would have been made by Medicare if You were enrolled in Parts A and B of Medicare;
(5) any type of expense not a Medicare Eligible Expense except as provided previously in this policy;
(6) any deductible, Coinsurance or Co-payment not covered by Medicare, unless such coverage is listed as a benefit in this policy; or
(7) Preexisting Conditions: We will not pay for any expenses incurred for care or treatment of a Preexisting Condition for the first six (6) months from the effective date of coverage. This exclusion does not apply if You applied for and were issued this policy under guaranteed issue status; if on the date of application for this policy You had at least six (6) months of prior Creditable Coverage; or, if this policy is replacing another Medicare Supplement policy and a six (6) month waiting period has already been satisfied. Evidence of prior coverage or replacement must have been disclosed on the application for this policy. If You had less than six (6) months prior Creditable Coverage, the Preexisting Conditions limitation will be reduced by the aggregate amount of Creditable Coverage. If this policy is replacing another Medicare Supplement policy, credit will be given for any portion of the waiting period that has been satisfied.