OUT-OF-NETWORK AND MULTIPLAN
A health care professional or facility that doesn't participate in your Cigna network. Cigna has a number of different networks and a health care professional or facility that participates in one network may not participate in all. Using an out-of-network health care professional can cost you more--they can charge you the full price for all or part of their services. Log in or register for myCigna to help ensure you find the doctors, health care professionals and facilities that participate in your network.
If the MultiPlan Savings Program logo appears on your Cigna ID card, you may be eligible to receive discounts when using an out-of-network, non-participating health care professional or facility that participates in the Network Savings Program. Discounts are not guaranteed.
Why out-of-network health care professionals can cost you more
- You are charged the full price of the services you receive because Cigna does not have a contracted relationship with the doctor or facility. Cigna can't control what an out-of-network health care professional or facility charges for their services and it's often quite a bit higher than the Cigna contracted rate.
- You may be billed the difference (your responsibility) between the facility's or health care professional’s bill and what your plan will pay.
Stay in network
- Save more when you use a doctor or facility that participates in your Cigna network.
- Chances are, there's a participating network doctor or facility in your area.
- It's easy to find quality, cost-effective care right where you need it.
Need to find a doctor, hospital or other care facility? Use the directory on myCigna.com or call the number on your Cigna ID card for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.