Why am I in pain at work?
If you go home at the end of your workday with aches, pains, strain, or tension–you’re not alone. Bad posture, how you move your body, doing the same motion over and over again–these workplace habits can lead to major discomfort.
Vocational Coaches help people experiencing challenges at work because of an injury or serious health condition. Cigna customers with an active disability claim can access the Healthy Working Life® Program, which is comprised of trained Vocational Coaches who provide guidance through counseling and tool-specialized equipment recommendations. If you are a Cigna customer, you can talk to your Claim Manager to learn more.
Pre-disability vocational services may also be provided to Cigna customers enrolled in long-term disability but who are at work with a serious health condition and in need of assistance to remain at work and be productive. If you are a Cigna customer, talk to your HR or Disability Benefits representative to learn if a referral may be made on your behalf.
What can I do about work-related pain?
There’s something that can help called “ergonomics”–the science of looking at a workstation, job tools, and job tasks to make sure they’re safe and efficient. You may need assistance from a specially trained expert in ergonomics, a Vocational Coach.
How do I get back on track with my health and wellness?
Getting healthy and staying healthy starts by taking control. At Cigna, we have tools and services that can help.
- Use Cigna's Health and Wellness library to stay educated about your health. Whether you’re looking for articles, tools, podcasts, or simple health care term definitions, our library is a source for accurate information you can trust.
- Other helpful services Cigna customers can access:
- Life Assistance ProgramSM offers work/life support and referrals to counseling and community services for employees' and household members' life challenges
- My Secure Advantage™ is a full-service financial wellness program that offers solutions to all types of personal financial challenges
- Healthy Rewards® gives you discounts on health and well-being products and services