What is a DEPO?
The Dental Exclusive Provider Organization plan (DEPO) lets you visit any dentist in the plan’s network. You don't need to choose a primary care dentist or get referrals for dental specialists.
If you choose a DEPO plan through Cigna, it’s important to know how it works.1
- This plan covers most in-network preventive and diagnostic services at a competitive rate, or at no extra cost to you.2
- You choose an in-network dentist and schedule an appointment. Pay your bill when you receive services.
- When you meet your annual deductible and satisfy any waiting periods, you pay a coinsurance (a portion of covered charges), and the plan pays the rest (up to the yearly or lifetime dollar limit of the plan).
- Your dental providers send in all claims. You don't have to send us claims.
- Easily search for DEPO network providers in the directory on Cigna.com or myCigna.com.
- Out-of-network services are not covered, unless it’s for emergency dental care as defined by your plan documents.
1Please refer to your plan documents or contact your employer for more information on what out-of- pocket costs you may be responsible for and what’s covered and not covered by the plan.
2Not all preventive care services are covered. For example, athletic mouth guards are generally not covered. See your plan documents for the details of your employer’s specific plan.