Texas Eligibility Requirements
All applicants applying for medical coverage must meet age, dependent status and residency requirements.
Age and Dependent Requirements
- Dependent children are eligible up to age 26.
- Dependent grandchildren are eligible up to age 26 if they live in the coverage area and are the primary policyholder’s dependent for Federal Income Tax purposes at the time of application
- A newborn child or newly adopted child or child newly placed in foster care, born to or adopted by or placed in foster care with the primary policyholder, may be added to the primary policyholder’s plan within 61 days of the birth, adoption, or placement. Requests for enrollment beyond 61 days of the birth, adoption, or placement will need to wait until the next Open Enrollment Period unless there is a qualifying life event that triggers a new Special Enrollment Period.
- Foreign exchange students are NOT eligible dependents.
Please refer to the policy or Service Agreement for additional eligibility requirements.
All applicants and dependents 18 years and older must sign and date the application.
- Must be a citizen or national of the United States, or is a non-citizen who is lawfully present in the United States, and is reasonably expected to be a citizen, national, or a non-citizen who is lawfully present for the entire period for which coverage is sought.
- Citizens/expatriates who have been living and working outside the U.S. and who are in process of returning to the U.S. are eligible to apply; the requested effective date must be after their return to the U.S.
- Applicants must reside in one of the following Texas counties when applying for a Cigna health plan:
- Fort Bend
- *Partial counties based on zip code
North Texas (DFW)
- Fort Bend
- San Jacinto*
- * Partial counties based on zip code.
- Dependents are not required to share the same address as the primary policyholder.