Skip to main navigation
Skip to main content
Skip to footer
For Individuals & Families:
For Individuals & Families
Explore coverage through work
How to Buy Health Insurance
Types of Dental Insurance
Open Enrollment vs. Special Enrollment
See all topics
Shop for Medicare plans
Find a Doctor
Log in to myCigna
Heart and Circulation
Heart and Circulation
Make a Wise Decision
- Allen Test
- Ambulatory Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Angiogram of the Head and Neck
- Angiogram of the Lung
- Ankle-Brachial Index Test
- Arterial Blood Gases (ABG) Test
- Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST) Test
- Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) Test
- Cardiac Blood Pool Scan
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Catheterization in Children
- Cardiac Enzyme Studies
- Cardiac Perfusion Scan
- Catecholamines in Blood Test
- Catecholamines in Urine Test
- Chest X-Ray
- Cholesterol and Triglycerides Tests
- Computed Tomography (CT) Angiogram
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan of the Body
- Coronary Calcium Scan
- Creatine Kinase Test
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Electrophysiology (EP) Study
- Exercise Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (hs-CRP) Test
- Home Blood Pressure Test
- Lyme Disease Test
- Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Myoglobin Test
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- Pulse Measurement
- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Tilt Table Test
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: Should I Get a Screening Test?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Receive CPR and Life Support?
- Aspirin: Should I Take Daily Aspirin to Prevent a Heart Attack or Stroke?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I Have Catheter Ablation?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I Take an Anticoagulant to Prevent Stroke?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Should I Try Electrical Cardioversion?
- Atrial Fibrillation: Which Anticoagulant Should I Take to Prevent Stroke?
- Coronary Artery Disease: Should I Have an Angiogram?
- Coronary Artery Disease: Should I Have Angioplasty for Stable Angina?
- Coronary Artery Disease: Should I Have Bypass Surgery?
- Coronary Calcium Scan: Should I Have This Test?
- Heart Failure: Should I Get a Pacemaker (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)?
- Heart Failure: Should I Get an Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD)?
- Heart Rate Problems: Should I Get a Pacemaker?
- Heart Rhythm Problems: Should I Get an Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD)?
- High Blood Pressure: Should I Take Medicine?
- Peripheral Arterial Disease: Should I Have a Procedure or Surgery?
- Statins: Should I Take Them to Prevent a Heart Attack or Stroke?
- Stroke Prevention: Should I Have a Carotid Artery Procedure?
- Supraventricular Tachycardia: Should I Have Catheter Ablation?
- Varicose Veins: Should I Have a Surgical Procedure?
- Blood Thinners Other Than Warfarin: Taking Them Safely
- Compression Stockings: How to Use Them
- Coronary Artery Disease: Exercising for a Healthy Heart
- Healthy Eating: Cutting Unhealthy Fats From Your Diet
- Healthy Eating: Eating Less Sodium
- Heart Arrhythmias and Exercise
- Heart Failure Daily Action Plan
- Heart Failure: Activity and Exercise
- Heart Failure: Avoiding Medicines That Make Symptoms Worse
- Heart Failure: Avoiding Triggers for Sudden Heart Failure
- Heart Failure: Taking Medicines Properly
- Heart Failure: Watching Your Fluids
- Heart Health: Walking for a Healthy Heart
- High Blood Pressure: Checking Your Blood Pressure at Home
- High Blood Pressure: Taking Medicines Properly
- High Blood Pressure: Using the DASH Diet
- High Cholesterol: Making Lifestyle Changes
- ICD: Living Well With It
- Low-Salt Diets: Eating Out
- Oxygen Therapy: Using Oxygen at Home
- Pacemaker: Living Well With It
- Warfarin: Taking Your Medicine Safely
Current as of: June 25, 2023
Author: Healthwise Staff
Clinical Review Board
All Healthwise education is reviewed by a team that includes physicians, nurses, advanced practitioners, registered dieticians, and other healthcare professionals.
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2023 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.