CIGNA-HEALTHSPRING CASE MANAGEMENT: YOUR EXTRA HEALTH CARE EDGE
Do you have a chronic health condition? Could you use extra help managing a health issue? Cigna-HealthSpring’s Case Management program may be just what you need. There is no cost to enroll.
- Cigna-HealthSpring has nurses, health coaches, pharmacists, and other staff who work behind the scenes to help customers with their healthcare needs.
- Our Case Management staff can help you set goals and work towards them to improve your health.
- They will support you and your family with transitions of care between healthcare settings such as from home to hospital or hospital to skilled nursing facility.
- Case Managers can explain your disease and how to recognize and treat symptoms; they can also help you enter programs to improve your health, like smoking cessation classes.
- Case Managers can review your medicines, make sure you know how to take them, and explain possible side effects.
- Community nurses may visit you in your home to provide extra healthcare support.
- The Case Management program is free and completely voluntary; however, it is most beneficial for customers with more serious health concerns. There are minimum qualifications for program enrollment, but anyone can apply. For example, Case Management may be helpful for:
- Customers unable to afford their medicines
- Customers with diabetes who have an uncontrolled blood sugar
- Customers who frequently go to the Emergency Room
- Cigna-HealthSpring assesses each customer referred to the program before assigning him or her to a Case Manager.
- If you are contacted by a Case Manager for enrollment into the program, you can decide if you would like to participate, and you can end your participation at any time by calling the number for your area. If you choose not to participate in Case Management it will not affect your health care benefits in any way.
- Provider Referral. One of your doctors may refer you for case management. If so, a Case Manager will contact you via phone or letter to review your needs and get you started.
- Health Plan Referral. Cigna-HealthSpring may identify you as a good candidate for case management. If so, we will give you a call.
- If you think case management could benefit you, contact us to enroll. Or ask your doctor’s office to call us for you.
- Caregiver Referral. Family members and caregivers can also contact us at one of the numbers below.
A case manager will call or personally visit you to find out how Cigna-HealthSpring can help you.
- Together you and your Case Manager will make a care plan tailored for your healthcare needs.
- Your Case Manager will work closely with you, your doctor(s) to set goals to improve your health.
- Your Case Manager is well prepared to:
- Explain your health condition(s)
- Review your medicines
- Teach you how to recognize symptoms and know when to call your doctor
- Support you as you work toward your goals
- Help you find community resources
- Help you transition between health care settings (example: hospital to home)
- To provide education for you and/or your family about your healthcare options, including information on preventive care and healthy living, available programs, or support for difficult end-of-life issues.
- To help you make a plan for your best emotional and physical health and well-being.
- To help coordinate care between your doctor(s) and specialists, and support their efforts to keep you healthy.
- To assist with transitions between healthcare settings to improve quality of life and coordinate care.
Cigna-HealthSpring Case Management gives you an extra edge in staying healthy and getting the best healthcare possible.
You can decide at any time not to participate in Case Management - Just contact the Case Management department in your area via the telephone number below or call your personal Case Manager to end your participation with the program.
- Alabama, Northern Florida, Georgia (Atlanta), Southern Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina: 1-866-382-0518 (TTY 711)
- Eastern Arkansas, Georgia (except Atlanta), Tennessee: 1-888-615-2709 (TTY 711)
- Illinois: 1-866-487-3002 Option 4 (TTY 711)
- Arkansas, Texas: 1-888-501-1116 (TTY 711)
- Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington DC: 1-877-562-4395 (TTY 711)