Cigna HealthCare Customer Call Centers Now "On the Clock" 24/7/365
July 24, 2009 - Cigna (NYSE:CI):
Starting today, July 24, 2009, Cigna has become the first and only health service company to offer live 24/7/365 access to its call center service representatives for medical, dental and pharmacy plan customers and contracted health care professionals.
The service will also be available to individuals considering enrollment in a Cigna health plan to answer their questions during fall enrollment.
Earlier this year Cigna was the only national carrier to open its service centers for all its health care customers on Saturdays and holidays, and now Cigna's call centers are be open to customer inquiries anytime, any day of the year. The company's employee assistance program, nurse-staffed health information line and behavioral health operations are already available to customers 24/7.
This unique level of service will be available for all Cigna's medical, dental and pharmacy plans throughout the U.S. All of Cigna's nationally recognized call centers that will support 24/7 are located in the U.S.: Bourbonnais, Ill.; Chattanooga, Tenn.; Denison, Texas; Phoenix, Ariz.; Scranton, Pa.; and Visalia, Calif.
It's not enough to offer customer service just during core business hours. People have questions at all hours for a variety of reasons:
- They may be traveling and have a question while on the road.
- They may not have any privacy during the workday, and need to call from home.
- They may work a non-standard work shift, and only have time to call during the overnight hours.
- They may be busy during the day with family, work, or school obligations, and only have time during the evening or overnight hours to call.
This expansion of service will not translate into higher costs for customers, and will be achieved by U.S. service employees.
Now, any time, any day of the week.
Cigna (NYSE:CI), a global health service company, is dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries provide an integrated suite of medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance, to more than 46 million people throughout the United States and around the world. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and the Cigna Foundation Help Improve Health and Well-being of Unpaid Family Caregivers in Massachusetts
- Cigna Names Vaishali Geib as Market Medical Executive for Mid-Atlantic
- Cigna and Cigna Foundation Committed to Support America’s Heroes
- Cigna’s Continued Momentum Drives Strong Third Quarter 2019 Results and Increased Revenue and Earnings Outlook
- Kimberly Ross Appointed to Cigna Board of Directors
- Cigna Foundation Puts Kids on Healthier Path by Combatting Childhood Hunger in St. Louis