Cigna Wins 2009 Gartner and 1to1 Customer Award
Global Health Service Company Takes Home Gold for its Customer Strategy
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., September 17, 2009 - Global health service company Cigna (NYSE: CI) took home the gold in the customer strategy category at this year's Gartner Customer Relationship Management Summit winning the first place Gold Medal award for an exemplary customer strategy as well as a customer experience excellence award.
The annual awards are presented by Gartner and 1to1 Media to highlight companies that have made a significant impact through their customer strategy and achieved an unrivaled level of excellence in delivering the customer experience. Cigna was selected for this recognition by a panel of judges that included Gartner analysts and other customer relations experts in business and academia.
"The Gartner & 1to1 Customer Awards honors excellence among organizations that use customer-focused strategies to improve business performance," says Ginger Conlon, editor-in-chief of 1to1 Media. "The judges cited Cigna's comprehensive enterprise-wide strategy, executive support, and results like increases in customer satisfaction, employee engagement, and first-contact resolution as reasons for nominating the company as their top choice in the Customer Strategy category."
"Simply put, Cigna's strategy is to make the customer the center of our universe," said Cigna Customer Experience Officer Ingrid Lindberg. "It is a terrific honor for Cigna to be recognized among the leaders in customer responsiveness. We know that health care is complex, and Cigna is determined to continually build understanding and help the people we serve by making every interaction easier and more helpful."
According to Lindberg, Cigna is delivering on its strategy: "This year alone Cigna has opened up our call centers 24/7/365 and revamped our communications materials, which has led to a more than 100 percent improvement in customer understanding of their Cigna health benefits - a remarkable metric for any business, but especially critical for a health service company."
Cigna (NYSE: CI) a global health service company, is dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries provide an integrated suite of medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance, to approximately 46 million people throughout the United States and around the world. To learn more about Cigna visit www.Cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger