Cigna Mobile Offers Customers Instant Access to a Directory of One Million Health Care Professionals, Pricing for Medications at 60,000 Pharmacies and 24/7/365 Customer Service
- Cigna launches mobile capability for finding in-network physicians, hospitals, urgent care facilities, dentists, and pharmacies
- Service available from any Internet-ready wireless phone
- Pharmacy customers can review their covered drugs, compare prices and speed-dial home delivery
- Medical, dental and pharmacy customers can speed dial Cigna's 24/7/365 service team
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., October 27, 2010 - You're in your family doctor's office and she recommends you see a specialist and start using a cholesterol-lowering drug. You have a number of questions your doctor may not be able to answer: Which specialists are in my plan's network? Is the drug covered? How much does the drug cost under my plan? Is there a less expensive generic equivalent? Which pharmacy charges the least? Can I get the medication delivered to my home?
Starting today, Cigna's (NYSE: CI) 11 million health care customers can use Web-enabled mobile phones to get immediate answers in both English and Spanish that are customized to their health plan benefits through Cigna Mobile (http://m.mycigna.com) including:
- Locate more than one million physicians, specialists, dentists, hospitals, medical facilities, and pharmacies using Cigna Mobile GPS (when their device is GPS enabled);
- Cost compare medications covered in their Cigna pharmacy benefit plan; searching real-time prices at 60,000 pharmacies nationwide, find the closest retail pharmacy locations using GPS (when their device is GPS enabled) and speed-dial directly to Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy to place medication orders or get answers to pharmacy plan questions;
- Quick-find urgent care centers for immediate care that's not serious enough to warrant a visit to an emergency room -- and speed-dial Cigna's 24/7/365 service centers and Cigna nurses and clinicians.
"We've developed Cigna Mobile to deliver the information you want when you need it to help ensure you get the most from Cigna health benefits," said James Nastri, Cigna vice president of product and service transparency. "With Cigna Mobile, you are no longer tethered to a computer to find answers for critical questions such as locating the best doctor for you in your health plan network, determining what medications are specifically covered under your plan, or finding an urgent care facility when you need care right away. Instead you can look them up on the spot using a Web-enabled mobile phone or speed-dial our service team and nurses for immediate help."
Cigna Mobile is powered by Usablenet, a service that extends Cigna's Web content into a customized, dynamic, mobile view.
"As more and more Americans are accessing the Web through their mobile phones, it is clear that mobile is a massive opportunity for health service companies to allow medical professionals and consumers to seamlessly access core services from all mobile phones, wherever they may be," said Usablenet President Nick Taylor. "By allowing consumers to manage their health care through mobile phones, Cigna is reinforcing its status as a forward-thinking leader in the health service industry."
Cigna (NYSE:CI), a global health service company, is dedicated to helping people improve their health, well being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries provide an integrated suite of medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance, through 60 million customer relationships with individuals in the U.S. and around the world. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook