Cigna Announces Leadership Changes
Enterprise Leadership Team Aligned to Drive Customer Centric Strategy
- Matthew G. Manders, named President Regional and Operations as he assumes responsibility for the Regional Accounts Segment in addition to his current responsibilities.
- David Guilmette named President National, Pharmacy and Product.
- Bertram L. Scott, President U.S. Commercial Markets, to leave Cigna.
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., November 18, 2011 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) today announced that it has made changes to its Enterprise Leadership team to be better positioned as a customer centric organization and deliver on its Go Deep, Go Global, Go Individual strategy. Matthew G. Manders, currently the Company's President of U.S. Services, Clinical and Specialty businesses, has taken on expanded leadership responsibilities, including the Company's Regional Segments, effective immediately. His new title is President Regional and Operations. Manders has been in his current role over two years. In more than 24 years with Cigna he has proven leadership skills demonstrated through his assumption of increasingly responsible roles.
David D. Guilmette, currently the Senior Vice President, National Accounts Segment, has become President of National, Pharmacy and Product, effective immediately. Guilmette joined Cigna in February 2010 to lead the National Accounts Segment. Prior to joining Cigna, Guilmette was Managing Director of Towers Perrin's Health and Welfare line of business.
"With Matt and Dave in these new roles we are well positioned to continue to grow, organically and inorganically, and leverage the pending HealthSpring acquisition," said Chief Executive Officer David M. Cordani. "The U.S. leadership team structure is critical and drives the integrated model that allows Cigna to uniquely deliver on our brand promise and further drive our growth strategy."
Manders and Guilmette will be based in Bloomfield.
"As we congratulate Matt and Dave on their new roles, we also say farewell to Bert Scott, who will be leaving Cigna to pursue other opportunities," Cordani said. "Bert helped us make progress on our growth and customer centric strategies and I thank Bert for his dedicated service to Cigna and wish him all the best."
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in 30 countries and jurisdictions and has almost 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to CIGNA's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation’s Second Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Mark McClellan, M.D. Appointed to Cigna Board of Directors
- Cigna Fights Hunger Campaign Recognized with Hunger Hero Award by Feeding Children Everywhere
- Diversity Best Practices Presents Cigna's Asian/South Asian CRG with Above and Beyond Award
- Cigna Intensifies Effort to Curtail Opioid Epidemic by Confronting Opioid Addiction and Overdose in U.S. Communities
- Cigna Corporate Responsibility Report Highlights Key Environmental, Social, Governance Efforts