Cigna Declares Dividend and Increases Share Repurchase Authority
PHILADELPHIA, February 24, 2011 - On February 23, 2011, the board of directors of Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) declared an annual dividend of $0.04 per common share. The dividend is payable on April 11, 2011, to shareholders of record as of March 11, 2011.
In addition, Cigna's board increased the company's stock repurchase authority by $500 million. With the new authority, Cigna has approximately $675 million of share repurchase authority remaining.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in over 27 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 65 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company.
Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Affordable Care Act Health Plans to Expand into 63 New Counties Across North Carolina for 2021
- Cigna Leads Industry in 2020 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
- Veterans Recovery Resources of Mobile Receives $100,000 Cigna Foundation Grant to Provide Mental Health Services to Area Veterans
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Wolfe Research Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Reports Third Quarter 2020 Performance, Raises Revenue Guidance
- Cigna and Earvin "Magic" Johnson Join Forces to Combat Health Disparities and Support Minority and Women-Owned Businesses