Cigna Declares Dividend and Increases Share Repurchase Authority
PHILADELPHIA, February 24, 2011 - On February 23, 2011, the board of directors of Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) declared an annual dividend of $0.04 per common share. The dividend is payable on April 11, 2011, to shareholders of record as of March 11, 2011.
In addition, Cigna's board increased the company's stock repurchase authority by $500 million. With the new authority, Cigna has approximately $675 million of share repurchase authority remaining.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in over 27 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 65 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company.
Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Credit Suisse 28th Annual Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Foundation's Healthier Kids For Our Future Initiative Announces $1 Million Grant to Address Childhood Hunger
- Northeast Georgia Health System and Cigna Reach Agreement
- Cigna Corporation's Third Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Exchange Offers and Consent Solicitations for Senior Notes
- Cigna Expands Its Medicare Advantage Offerings and Benefits While Minimizing Costs to Consumers