Cigna Electronic Contracting Makes Joining Physician Network Easier
- Cigna offers paperless standard contracts for new physicians
- Cigna reduces the total time to add new physicians and practices by almost half
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., April 20, 2011 - In a move to improve the speed and ease of adding new physicians and practices to its networks, leading global health service company Cigna (NYSE:CI) has introduced electronic contracting. Now Cigna is able to decrease the time it takes to add new health care professionals into its network by half.
"Electronic contracting expedites the overall contracting process for physicians and enables Cigna to more quickly add physicians to its growing network," said Cigna's Julie Vayer, Vice President, Health Care Professional Solutions. "This is just one way Cigna is making it easier for health care professionals to do business with us."
Non-participating medical and behavioral health physicians and small practices (five or fewer physicians) wanting a first-time standard contract with Cigna can use a secure website to complete and sign documents. Using EchoSign(TM) eSignature solution, Cigna is able to provide a convenient, online audit trail that is safe, private, and secure, and meets compliance and legal requirements.
On average, Cigna adds more than 20,000 new physicians and small practices a year-generating more than a million pieces of paper. By removing the traditional printing and mailing, or faxing steps from the contracting process, the Cigna eSignature program saves not only time, but also paper and cost.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in over 28 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 65 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and Express Scripts Named Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion
- Cigna Returns as Presenting Sponsor of the Marine Corps Marathon, Continuing a Tradition of Honoring Members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Cigna Corporation’s Second Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- GNS Healthcare Raises $23 Million Led by Cigna Ventures
- Cigna Demonstrates Commitment to Health of People, Communities and Environment
- Cigna's U.S. Loneliness Index Provides Actionable Insights for Improving Body and Mind Health