Cigna Enters Global Individual Health Market; Launches Cigna Global Health Options
- Cigna continues to deliver on its global growth strategy by launching an international health care plan for globally mobile individuals.
- Cigna Global Health Options is a modular international individual health care plan that can be purchased completely online, with a full application and underwriting process, available at www.cignaglobal.com.
CLAYMONT, Del., March 30, 2011 - Cigna (NYSE:CI), the global leader in serving expatriates and other globally mobile individuals, has launched an international health care plan for qualified individuals who seek access to high-quality health care facilities across international boundaries.
The individual consumer market is a new area of focus for Cigna's expatriate benefits operation. With Cigna Global Health Options, individuals have access to high-quality medical care worldwide backed by Cigna's expertise and capabilities in serving the group employer market.
"Cigna Global Health Options is an innovative international health care plan that suits individuals' unique needs, and it also marks an important milestone in Cigna's growth strategy. As the leader in the globally mobile market, the launch of this innovative, modular product extends our reach to support the needs of new customer segments around the world," said Andrew Kielty, president, Cigna International Expatriate Benefits. "Our knowledge and strength in the group market, coupled with our expertise in direct marketing, presented a natural opportunity to offer the same access to quality health care to individuals we currently provide to organizations."
The plan, which is available at www.cignaglobal.com, is designed for customers who want the flexibility of having easy access to quality health care around the world.
The "core" International Medical Insurance covers hospitalization, surgery, emergency care, cancer treatment, and maternity. All customers then have the flexibility to customize their overall solution by choosing from a range of four additional options:
- International Medical Insurance Plus (outpatient): doctor visits, prescription drugs, and other outpatient treatments
- International Health and Well-being: routine exams, preventive screenings, and life management services
- International Vision and Dental: routine exams
- International Emergency Evacuation: transfer to the nearest world-class medical facility if required treatment is not available in the local country
Cigna Global Health Options customers are served by a dedicated customer care team on hand 24/7 to authorize treatment, issue guarantees of payment, and answer all customer inquiries including claims, treatment plans, medical support and all other questions related to their health care plan.
For information, contact email@example.com.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Outside the U.S., Cigna serves expatriates in virtually every country in the world and provides employers, affinity groups and individuals access to quality local and global health care and related financial protection programs. Cigna offers products and services in over 27 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 65 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook