Cigna Expands Global Presence to Singapore; Introduces Premier Group Health Care Product
- Cigna, the global leader in benefits to expatriates and other globally mobile individuals, introduces comprehensive group medical and dental products in the Singapore region.
- New branch office opens in Singapore to support sales and operations.
SINGAPORE, March 31, 2011 - Cigna (NYSE: CI), the global leader in serving expatriates and other globally mobile employees, officially launched its health services benefits office in Singapore today, as well as its Premier Executive Health Care Plan for employers seeking coverage for their workforce. The local branch and health care plan offers a comprehensive and cost-effective product that offers access to high-quality health care facilities across the globe.
The Premier Executive Health Care Plan covers:
• Medical benefits - inpatient and outpatient
• Supplementary benefits - dental, vision care, wellness and maternity
According to the company, the Singapore market entry is a strategic step as part of Cigna's global expansion plans. The Singapore branch will strengthen Cigna's capabilities in offering its solutions to clients on a global basis.
"Singapore is an important market for us because of its choice location within Asia and the fact that many of our clients and customers are located here," said Ken Vaughan, managing director for Cigna's Asia Pacific region. "Our expansion into Singapore demonstrates our commitment to our clients and customers in the local market and their evolving needs in the international market."
As a fully licensed insurer in Singapore, Cigna will offer customers easy access to quality health care services at a competitive fee through its relationship with one of the largest private medical providers in Singapore.
Cigna's global health care experts will work closely with Singapore businesses to choose the ideal globally compliant solution for their local and international employees. With a Singapore-based sales and client management team, the company will be able to respond effectively to market demands.
Cigna covers 800,000 globally mobile individuals around the world with licenses in 28 countries and jurisdictions. Cigna's worldwide network includes 900,000 hospitals, physicians, dental offices and behavioral specialist locations. The company's portfolio offers a full range of benefits and flexibility that allow employers to shape their health care programs to suit their business objectives and meet the needs of their globally mobile workforce.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in over 28 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 65 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation.
To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans