Cigna Foundation Helps Supply Musical Instruments to Wounded Veterans
- Grant allows Operation Music Aid to supply 100 instruments to military hospitals and troops
- Instruments are used in rehabilitation of those recovering from war injuries
The organization, based in Madison, Conn., provides musical instruments to military hospitals. There they are used to help in physical and psychological rehabilitation, and as a creative outlet for soldiers recovering from war injuries. Cigna's grant will put approximately 100 instruments in the hands of wounded soldiers.
"Playing instruments such as guitars, keyboards and drums can help soldiers improve their hand/eye coordination and physical dexterity, and allows them relief from the stresses of their injuries and recovery," said Gianna Jackson, executive director of the Cigna Foundation. "The Cigna Foundation is pleased to help express our nation's gratitude to our troops by supporting Operation Music Aid and other organizations that help armed forces veterans."
"We hear from so many wounded veterans who say these instruments help them recover while reminding them that their service is appreciated. Cigna's donation allows us to continue our mission and serve more soldiers wounded while protecting our freedom," said George Hauer, a co-founder of Operation Music Aid.
Cigna and the Cigna Foundation support many programs devoted to healing the psychological scars of war and reconnecting veterans with society, including P2V, an organization that matches shelter pets to veterans, Hero Health Hire, by which companies pledge to hire veterans, and other charities serving both veterans and active members of the military.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Goldman Sachs 40th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Named to CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Cigna Commits $140,000 to Methodist and Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Foundations to Expand Community Health and Well-being Services
- Cigna Corporation to Host Investor Day on May 31, 2019
- Bridges Health Partners LLC and Cigna Announce Collaborative Accountable Care Agreement to Improve Health and Lower Costs in Western Pennsylvania
- Cigna Delivers Strong First Quarter 2019 Results, Raises Outlook