Cigna Honored to Sponsor Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial
- Company donated $1 million to Memorial celebrating life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to the nation's health and prosperity
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., August 24, 2011 - American history will be made Sunday as the first memorial on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. is dedicated to a private citizen - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., peacemaker and civil rights advocate. Cigna is privileged to be part of this historic celebration as a corporate sponsor of the national Memorial.
"It is extremely gratifying to see years of hard work on the part of many dedicated individuals culminate with the completion of this Memorial. Cigna is proud to be a sponsor and to stand among our fellow Americans to pay tribute to Dr. King and his ideals," said Cigna Chief Executive Officer David M. Cordani.
As a global health service company, Cigna understands the importance of embracing cultural and ethnic diversity for the good of its employees, customers and communities. "As the nation prepares for this celebration, every company in America is reminded that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our nation's health and prosperity," Cordani said.
Cigna announced its donation to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in 2007 and subsequently worked with Philadelphia community partners to create the Philadelphia Young Dreamers program, which honors youth who exemplify Dr. King's service to the community. For more information about the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, visit www.mlkmemorial.org.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in 30 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Expands Personalized Diabetes Prevention Program in Collaboration with Omada Health
- U.S. Department of Justice Grants Clearance to Cigna’s Acquisition of Express Scripts
- Cigna Foundation Donates $100,000 to American Red Cross for Hurricane Florence Relief
- Cigna Announces Cigna Ventures with $250 Million to Fund Transformative Innovation and Growth for Health Care
- Cigna Helps Residents in Affected States Prepare for Hurricane Florence
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing of $20 Billion of Senior Notes