Cigna Now Offers Individual and Family Dental Coverage
- New dental coverage features low deductibles and no waiting periods for preventive care
- Access to Cigna's 24-hour customer service staff for immediate help
- Large network of participating dentists
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., June 01, 2011 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) announced today that it is now offering dental plans to current and new Cigna Individual and Family Plan medical customers. The plans feature comprehensive coverage, deductibles as low as $50 per year for an individual and no waiting period for routine examinations and procedures such as cleanings and x-rays. The cost for dental coverage is approximately $31 per month per individual.
"Regular dental care is an important part of staying healthy as studies show that poor oral health can impact pregnancy, heart disease and diabetes," said Chris Hocevar, president of Cigna's Individual and Family Plan segment. "That's why we are offering easy-to-use and affordable dental options that are similar to the dental benefits offered by large employers that help maintain health through regular dental visits and preventive care."
Cigna's Individual and Family Dental plans allow customers to get care that is covered by insurance from both in-network and out-of-network dentists and include the following features:
- No enrollment fee
- Access to preventive and diagnostic care without a waiting period
- No deductible for basic preventive care with an in-network dentist
- Short (six months) waiting period for basic restorative services with a 20 percent co-pay for fillings, non-routine x-rays and simple extractions
- Calendar year $50 deductible for an individual and $150 for a family for in-network services
- Coverage for services by an out-of-network dentist
- Customer-friendly help including Cigna's 24-hour 800 customer service line for immediate answers to questions
- One combined monthly bill for medical and dental premiums
Cigna's dental network includes more than 80,000 dentists across the country, which translates to nearly 210,000 unique dental locations. Products are available through brokers and sold directly to consumers starting June 1, 2011.
Cigna offers individual medical and dental plans in 10 states. Information is available at www.cignaforyou.com.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in 29 countries and jurisdictions and has more than 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Furthers its Commitment to Help Curb the National Opioid Epidemic
- Cigna Named to Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens List for Fourth Consecutive Year
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 2018 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Health Care Conference
- New Cigna Simple File Alerts Consumers to Additional Benefit Payouts
- Cigna Reports Strong First Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook
- New Cigna Study Reveals Loneliness at Epidemic Levels in America