Cigna Offers Assistance to People Impacted by Hurricane Irene
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., August 29, 2011 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) announced today that it is temporarily lifting certain medical and pharmacy restrictions in order to aid its customers affected by Hurricane Irene.
People insured by Cigna in all areas affected by Hurricane Irene may refill lost or damaged prescriptions early without prior approval and access urgent care from any health care professional (in-network or out-of-network) at in-network benefit levels. In addition, Cigna is waiving prior authorization requirements for urgent hospital admissions, medical and dental care as well access to needed specialists.
"The health and well-being of the individuals we serve is our primary concern," said Susan Gaca, Director of the Cigna Disaster Response Team. "We hope that during such difficult times, these actions will help provide some relief to those impacted."
These temporary measures are in place until Friday, September 2.
All Cigna customer service centers are operational. Customers with questions or concerns are encouraged to call the customer service phone number on their Cigna ID card or the Cigna nationwide customer service telephone number at 1.800.Cigna24 (1.800.244.6224) for additional information about the waivers.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Outside the U.S., Cigna serves expatriates in virtually every country in the world and provides employers, affinity groups and individuals access to quality local and global health care and related financial protection programs. Cigna offers products and services in 30 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 66 million customer relationships throughout the world.
To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Expands Financial Wellness Services to Help Customers Improve Overall Well-Being
- Cigna Launches Online Survey to Help People Assess Loneliness and Improve Vitality
- Cigna Foundation Grant Enables March of Dimes to Expand Supportive Pregnancy Care; New Model of Group Prenatal Care Can Help Prevent Rising Preterm Births
- Cigna Foundation Grant to Help Improve Health of Native American Moms and Babies Through Prenatal Care, Drug and Addiction Education and Recovery
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery