Cigna Reaches Milestone of 100,000 Dentists in Nationwide Network
- Cigna has the largest Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO) network in the U.S.1
- Cigna now has more than 100,000 dentists under contract
- More dentists in-network provide customers with greater choice, high quality and cost savings
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., November 10, 2011 - In an effort to expand customer choices, Cigna (NYSE: CI) today said its industry-leading nationwide dental network now has 100,000 unique dentists under contract. The network has been growing by double-digit percentages each year since 2008.
In order to participate in Cigna's networks, dentists must go through a rigorous and selective screening process to ensure that they are licensed practitioners and that their certifications and credentials meet the nation's highest standards. The electronic on-boarding process makes it easier for new dentists to complete the credentialing process.
"With a larger network and Cigna mobile capabilities, our customers can easily find a dentist in their area," said Julie Vayer, Cigna's vice president of Total Health and Network Operations. "Hitting the 100,000 mark further demonstrates our commitment to providing customers with the best possible care at an affordable price, and encouraging them to take advantage of preventive visits."
By promoting preventive care, dental coverage can help lead to better overall health, increased workforce productivity, and fewer treatment claims over time, which can decrease overall costs. In fact, every dollar spent on preventive dental care can save between $8 and $50 in restorative and emergency treatments2 - and potentially more in medical cost savings.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
1 Cigna's Radius network is the largest Dental PPO in the nation based on unique dentists. Source: NetMinder. Data as of September 2011.
2 American Dental Hygienist Association, 2006
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19