Cigna Recognized for Disability Case Management Excellence; Wins Dorland Health People Awards
- Three Cigna employees honored for their commitment to assisting customers
- Cigna employees won the categories of disability management, healthcare education, and vocational rehabilitation
- Cigna's disability programs help people prevent illness or injury so customers can stay productive and on the job
PHILADELPHIA, November 04, 2011 - Three Cigna disability case managers were recognized for excellence during the recent annual Dorland Health People Awards, created by publisher Dorland Health.
"We understand that to help people improve their health, well-being and sense of security, we must first earn their trust, and our disability case managers bring this passion to their work every day," said Beth Chiappetta, vice president, expert resources for Cigna. "We are pleased that their efforts to serve our customers are being recognized as best-in-class." Cigna serves over five million customers through its disability insurance programs.
Dorland Health People Awards entries were evaluated by a panel of professionals who specialize in care coordination and understand both the clinical and business aspects of healthcare. Winners and honorable mentions were selected for this year's program based on leadership, creativity, and innovation for specific programs or as a member of the care coordination team in their organization.
Among the hundreds of entries to the Dorland Health People Awards, these three Cigna employees stood out:
- Kathy Boudlali, Disability Manager, coordinates disability and medical case management. She helps employees improve their health and achieve their return-to-work goals. She also assists in identifying at-risk employees as part of Cigna's efforts to help employers and employees prevent future health problems that lead to disabilities, and to be fully productive on the job.
- Judy Porreca, Healthcare Educator, focuses on educating and coaching new disability, life and accident claims staff to help them build a working knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and various diseases and disorders. With this knowledge, Cigna's claim staff, in partnership with nurses and medical directors, can better evaluate disability claims and identify integration opportunities with Cigna's care management programs to offer more services that can help improve a customer's health.
- John Simpson, MSW, CRC, LPC, Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, provides return-to-work support and counseling to customers when they are ready to return to work after an illness or injury. His background in social work and vocational rehabilitation counseling has allowed him to develop and implement return-to-work plans that incorporate all of a customer's health needs.
"Cigna invests heavily in its return to work and rehabilitation resources. Our individual winners of the Dorland People Awards are just three shining examples of dedication and passion we have for serving our customers," said Mark Marsters, senior vice president, Group Operations for CIGNA.
Dorland Health publishes Case In Point, the official magazine of the Case Management Society of America, the Case Management Resource Guide, Case In Point Weekly, industry webinars, award programs, special reports, and offers continuing education certifications.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company and Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna®, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
About Dorland Health
Dorland Health, an Access Intelligence, LLC Company, is a leading publisher and media company providing education, training, tools, information resources, guidance and practical advice for practitioners and specialists in the healthcare field. Dorland Health services include the Professional Patient Advocate Institute, Case In Point, Case In Point Weekly, OR Manager, Patient Advocate Report, industry-specific resource directories and reports, conferences and events, webinars, awards programs, and offers continuing education credit.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and Earvin "Magic" Johnson Join Forces to Combat Health Disparities and Support Minority and Women-Owned Businesses
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Credit Suisse 29th Annual Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Corporation's Third Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Keith Barnes Named Market President for Cigna's Commercial Business in North Texas and Oklahoma
- Cigna Expands Medicare Advantage Offerings to Deliver Greater Affordability, Predictability and Choice to Customers
- New Landmark Study From Cigna Shows American Resilience Is At Risk