Cigna Voluntary Named Sales Growth Leader by Eastbridge
- Won in large company category of those with over $30 million in voluntary sales
- Exceeded voluntary industry growth rate for past three years
PHILADELPHIA, July 05, 2011 - Cigna Voluntary has been recognized by Eastbridge Consulting Group, Inc. as this year's large company voluntary sales growth leader. This annual award recognizes the fastest growing companies based on voluntary market sales. To be eligible for the award, a company has to have exceeded the growth rate of the industry as a whole for each of the last three years and led in 2010 sales growth. To be eligible in the large company category, a company's voluntary sales had to exceed $30 million.
"Voluntary benefits are an attractive option for employers that want to retain the best talent but are also trying to keep costs as low as possible in order to remain competitive in their markets," said Michael Witwer, vice president, Cigna Voluntary. "Our growth has been driven by a renewed focus on voluntary products, adding new capabilities such as broad enrollment services for voluntary group life, accident and disability insurance that feature ease of use and excellent service."
"Eastbridge would like to congratulate Cigna for a job well done," says Gil Lowerre, president of Eastbridge. "It's not easy in today's market to beat the industry averages for three consecutive years. Cigna has achieved that level of success."
According to Eastbridge's annual U.S. Worksite Sales Report, voluntary sales in 2010 were $5.243 billion, down about three percent compared to 2009, although the number of companies with sales increases exceeded the number with decreases.
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna offers products and services in 29 countries and jurisdictions and has more than 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Eastbridge Consulting Group, Inc. is a marketing advisory firm serving insurance and financial services organizations in the United States and Canada.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger