Cigna Awarded Contract for State of Montana Employee Health Plan
23 April 2012
- Offers 24x7/ 365 days-a-year customer service
- Access to over 6,000 in-network doctors and other health care professionals and 92 in-network hospitals in Montana
HELENA , Mont. - April 23, 2012 - Cigna has been selected as the health service company for the state of Montana employee health plan. The company was awarded a three-year contract following a competitive bid process recently conducted by the Department of Administration. Cigna will serve over 30,000 state employees and family members beginning in 2013, joining Cigna's Missoula-based subsidiary Allegiance which continues to provide other services to the state.
"Cigna is very pleased that we were chosen to work with the state to provide health benefits and wellness programs for employees. We have served Montana residents for many years," said Chris Blanton, president and general manager for Cigna in the Pacific Northwest. "Our focus is on helping to improve the health and well-being of state employees and their family members, providing access to a broad network of quality health care professionals, and on providing reliable, responsive and personalized 24x7service to our new customers."
According to Allegiance vice president Todd Lovshin, Cigna is a global company with a strong local presence in Montana. Allegiance has been operating in Montana since 1981and has relationships with over 6,000 doctors and other health care professionals and 92 hospitals throughout the state. Allegiance currently serves nearly 77,000 customers in Montana. The state employee benefits plan will be managed by existing Cigna staff, with several new hires expected in Montana who will be dedicated to the state's account.
Cigna has experience and expertise working with state government clients in the West, including the state of Wyoming, and serves nine additional state governments throughout the country. Cigna has been providing benefit solutions to state and local governments for more than half a century.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19
- Cigna Covers Cost Of Coronavirus Tests For Customers