Cigna Develops "Smart" Infographic to Help People Understand What Health Care Reform Means for Them
- Information is tailored to each individual's answers and shareable through social media
- Comprehensive and eye-catching graphics help simplify complex concepts
- Infographic provides explanations and resources on new health care reform law
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., September 11, 2012 - From "individual mandate" to "health insurance exchanges" there are plenty of new terms to learn as a result of health care reform. Even the name of the law itself, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), can seem like a lot to remember. Knowing that people have lots of questions on the subject, Cigna, a global health service company, created a colorful, intuitive and instructional infographic to help interested consumers learn more about health care reform and how it impacts their specific situation.
From "individual mandate" to "health insurance exchanges" there are plenty of new terms to learn as a result of health care reform. Even the name of the law itself, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), can seem like a lot to remember. Knowing that people have lots of questions on the subject, Cigna created a colorful, intuitive and instructional infographic to help interested consumers learn more about health care reform and how it impacts their specific situation. It's interactive, so check it out: //www.cigna.com/hcrforyou (Graphic: Cigna)
As of 2014, PPACA requires that all Americans have health insurance. By answering key questions as they go through the information, this infographic helps people learn more about how heath care reform applies to their unique circumstances. On the personalized results page, there are also links for sharing those results through Facebook or Pinterest.
"The infographic is 'smart' because it's interactive. The information it provides is dependant on how questions are answered. The level of personalized information helps to not only understand the general terms and rules of PPACA, but it also helps each individual visualize what it means to them," explains Ray Smithberger, General Manager of Cigna Individual and Family Plans.
Cigna's health care reform infographic can be found at www.cigna.com/hcrforyou.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50404615&lang=en
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Recognized by Dow Jones for Industry-Leading Sustainability Practices
- Cigna Health Care Exchange Plans Now Available in 19 Markets Across 10 States
- Cigna Health Services Business Pioneers an Innovative Solution to Affordably Bring Life-Changing Therapies to Patients
- Cigna, Express Scripts Implement Emergency Procedures for People Affected by Hurricane Dorian
- Cigna Foundation Helps Expand Trauma Counseling Services With $68,000 Grant to Pace Center for Girls
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 2019 Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference