Cigna Employees, Foundation Give $136,000 to Date for NY, NJ, CT Hurricane Relief
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., November 15, 2012 - Employees of global health service company Cigna (NYSE:CI) have donated nearly $43,000 so far to the American Red Cross to assist with Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, gifts that will be matched 1:1 by the Cigna Foundation - in addition to the Cigna Foundation's immediate contribution of $50,000 to the Red Cross.
To date, Cigna has raised $136,000 in total for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, and the number keeps growing. As employee donations stream in, they will continue to be matched by the Cigna Foundation.
"Our employees prove time and again how much they care about our customers and the communities we serve," said John Murabito, chairman of the Cigna Foundation Board of Directors and executive vice president of Cigna Human Resources and Services. "Cigna is proud to extend a helping hand as New York, New Jersey and Connecticut rebuild homes, towns, shorelines and infrastructure, and as their residents rebuild their lives."
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- CIGNA IS PROUD TO BE THE PRESENTING SPONSOR OF THE MARINE CORPS MARATHON CONTINUING A TRADITION OF HONORING MEMBERS OF THE US ARMED FORCES
- Cigna Launches Evernorth To Accelerate Delivery Of Innovative And Flexible Health Service Solutions
- John Webb Named Cigna Market President for West Tennessee/Arkansas/Mississippi
- Cigna Expands Offerings for Individuals - Increasing Access to Quality Care in More Communities Across the Country
- Cigna and Dignity Health Reach Agreement on Access to Affordable, Quality Care in California and Nevada
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 2020 Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference