Cigna Employees, Foundation Give $136,000 to Date for NY, NJ, CT Hurricane Relief
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., November 15, 2012 - Employees of global health service company Cigna (NYSE:CI) have donated nearly $43,000 so far to the American Red Cross to assist with Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, gifts that will be matched 1:1 by the Cigna Foundation - in addition to the Cigna Foundation's immediate contribution of $50,000 to the Red Cross.
To date, Cigna has raised $136,000 in total for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, and the number keeps growing. As employee donations stream in, they will continue to be matched by the Cigna Foundation.
"Our employees prove time and again how much they care about our customers and the communities we serve," said John Murabito, chairman of the Cigna Foundation Board of Directors and executive vice president of Cigna Human Resources and Services. "Cigna is proud to extend a helping hand as New York, New Jersey and Connecticut rebuild homes, towns, shorelines and infrastructure, and as their residents rebuild their lives."
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans