Cigna Launches YouTube Video on Expanded Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program Coverage
- Research-based, enhanced dental coverage includes high risk conditions
- Helping individuals achieve their health care goals
- Video kicks-off Cigna's celebration of the American Dental Hygienists' Association National Dental Hygiene Month
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., October 01, 2012 - The Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program® has launched a new video as part of the company's month-long celebration of the American Dental Hygienists' Association (ADHA) National Dental Hygiene Month. The video addresses coverage of several high-risk conditions and helps customers understand how good oral health can have a positive impact on overall health.
"As a health service company, Cigna's goal is to provide programs and resources to our customers that assist in improving their overall health and wellness," said Dr. Miles Hall, Cigna's clinical director for dental. "This video is one more way we provide information to our customers on the importance of appropriate care and prevention for gum disease and tooth decay."
The Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program reimburses 100 percent of out-of-pocket costs for specific dental services used to treat or help prevent gum disease and tooth decay. The program is for people with certain medical conditions that research shows may be impacted by dental care, such as diabetes, heart disease, pregnancy, stroke, chronic kidney disease, organ transplants and head and neck cancer radiation. Plus, the program offers discounts on prescription dental products through Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy and information about stress and other behavioral conditions that can affect oral health. No other health service company offers a program that integrates dental, pharmacy and behavioral components.
"At Cigna we are very focused on providing a holistic approach to a person's well-being and our ability to integrate dental health information and reach our customers through enhanced, research-based programs," said Hall
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Employees Kick Off $25 Million Healthier Kids For Our Future Initiative By Combatting Childhood Hunger Globally
- Cigna Corporation’s Fourth Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Brings Together Queen Latifah, Nick Jonas and Ted Danson to Encourage Everyone to Take Control of Both Their Physical and Emotional Health
- Cigna Statement on the Passing of Jim Rogers, Former Duke Energy CEO, and Cigna Board Member
- Cigna Completes Combination with Express Scripts, Establishing a Blueprint to Transform the Health Care System
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference