Cigna Names Joan Kennedy Vice President for Consumer Health Engagement
- Kennedy joins Cigna's Total Health & Network Leadership team
- Responsible for all of Cigna's clinical customer and client touch points
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., June 25, 2012 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) has named Joan Kennedy as vice president for consumer health engagement. Kennedy will be responsible for all of Cigna's clinical customer and client touch points, including health advocacy, clinical, lifestyle management and chronic condition programs, health coaching, case and utilization management, and onsite facilities. She will also actively partner and engage with senior leadership and stakeholders to set Cigna's health management strategy.
Joan Kennedy is Cigna's new vice president for consumer health engagement. (Photo: Business Wire)
"Joan's depth of knowledge, accomplishments and leadership skills will help achieve Cigna's mission to improve people's health and productivity by engaging physicians more deeply in an individual's holistic care, expanding access to care, and ultimately, to lowering health care costs," said Alan M. Muney, M.D., chief medical officer for Cigna.
Before joining Cigna, Kennedy was senior vice president for Personal Health Solutions by Medco. She also served as president of Medco Diabetes & Liberty Medical Supply, where she created an integrated diabetes strategy to reach about 20 percent of all diabetes patients in the United States. Prior to that, she was senior vice president of WellPoint 360 Health and CEO of American Imagine Management.
Kennedy is a founding member of the Disease Management Association of America and was recognized in 2004 and 2008 by Managed Healthcare Executive Magazine as one of the top leaders in disease management. In 2008 she was named as one of the "Top 100 under 50 Diverse Executives Leaders" by Diversity MBA Magazine, and in 2009 she was recognized in the "Top 100" list of most influential innovators in health care by Healthspottr. Kennedy is also the author of "Asthma Disease Management in the 21st Century" for Managed Care Handbook: Best Practices in Medical Management.
Kennedy holds a bachelor's degree in international relations from Bates College and a master's of business administration degree from the American Graduate School of International Management.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans