Cigna Names Susan Gaca Chief Nursing Officer
- Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) leads team of more than 2,000 enterprise nurses, health educators, case managers and behavioral coaches
- CNO serves as spokesperson on health topics in markets and global communities served by Cigna
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., April 11, 2012 - Susan Gaca has been named Cigna's first chief nursing officer (CNO). In this new clinical role, Gaca will serve as an advocate and spokesperson for Cigna's nurses and allied health professionals at key external stakeholder meetings. She will lead more than 2,000 nurses, health educators, case managers and behavioral coaches who every day help customers, including those with acute or chronic conditions, to achieve their optimal health potential.
"Susan champions the value that employed nurses in all roles deliver in support of Cigna's mission, strategy and brand promise. I am confident she will continue to ensure the nursing community remains focused on striving for continuous improvement," said Alan M. Muney, M.D. chief medical officer for Cigna.
As Cigna's external voice and internal advocate Gaca will support and strengthen the skill sets, diversity and sense of community with Cigna's nurse employees and allied health professionals. Gaca will continue with her current responsibilities as leader of Cigna's Executive Nurse and Leadership Council, and leader of Premium Solutions and Onsite Health within the Total Health & Network organization.
Gaca, a registered nurse, brings more than 15 years of Cigna leadership experience in finance, clinical and operations roles. Prior to joining Cigna, she held clinical-related roles at Pacificare and United Healthcare. Gaca holds a master's degree from Benedictine University and a bachelor's degree in nursing from the University of Portland.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook