Cigna Offers Assistance to People Impacted by Hurricane Isaac
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., August 28, 2012 - Global health service company Cigna (NYSE:CI) is taking a number of temporary steps to assist people in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi impacted by Hurricane Isaac.
Effective immediately in all three states, through Sunday, September 2, 2012, Cigna is:
- Allowing its customers to refill prescriptions even if it would normally be too soon for a refill
- Waiving all pre-certification, referral, medical necessity and hospital admission requirements
- Paying claims for out-of-network services at in-network rates
- Expanding its 24x7 telephone help line to provide personal assistance and support for all residents affected by the hurricane. Phone lines are staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress or other issues resulting from the hurricane. The help line can be reached at 866-912-1687. Cigna also has an online resource center with additional information about disaster resources at http://apps.cignabehavioral.com/web/basicsite/consumer/consumer.jsp
"Natural disasters like this are traumatic and disrupt people's lives. Cigna is committed to helping people get quality health care and stay on their medications through this difficult time," said Susan Gaca, Cigna's chief nursing officer and director of emergency response.
Customers with questions or concerns are encouraged to call the customer service phone number on their Cigna ID card or Cigna's nationwide customer service telephone number at 1-800-Cigna24 (1-800-244-6224). Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for assistance.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans