Cigna Offers Free Consultation to Residents of Baltimore County in Response to School Shooting
BALTIMORE, August 28, 2012 - Cigna's behavioral health unit is offering free telephonic consultations for one week to county residents who are having difficulty coping with yesterday's school shooting. Cigna's behavioral health professionals are qualified clinicians who are skilled at helping people cope with traumatic events.
Baltimore County residents who don't have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna can call this special number 24 hours a day during the next seven days:
Baltimore County residents who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card.
"We are shocked and saddened by this senseless shooting and want to do what we can to help people in the Baltimore area," said Julia Huggins, president, Cigna Mid-Atlantic.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Employees Kick Off $25 Million Healthier Kids For Our Future Initiative By Combatting Childhood Hunger Globally
- Cigna Corporation’s Fourth Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Brings Together Queen Latifah, Nick Jonas and Ted Danson to Encourage Everyone to Take Control of Both Their Physical and Emotional Health
- Cigna Statement on the Passing of Jim Rogers, Former Duke Energy CEO, and Cigna Board Member
- Cigna Completes Combination with Express Scripts, Establishing a Blueprint to Transform the Health Care System
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference