Cigna Offers Services in Support of Residents of Newtown, CT and Surrounding Communities Impacted by School Shooting
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., December 14, 2012 - Cigna's behavioral health unit is offering free telephonic consultations for two weeks to residents of Newtown, CT and surrounding communities in Fairfield County who are coping with today's school shooting in Newtown. Cigna's behavioral health professionals are qualified clinicians who are skilled at helping people cope with traumatic events.
Residents who don't have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna can call this special toll-free number 24 hours a day during the next 14 days, through December 28: 1.866.912.1687.
Residents who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card.
"This is an unimaginable tragedy, and we want to do what we can to help people in Newtown and surrounding towns," said David Cordani, president and CEO of Cigna. "We grieve for everyone who lost their lives in this senseless shooting."
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Launches Evernorth To Accelerate Delivery Of Innovative And Flexible Health Service Solutions
- John Webb Named Cigna Market President for West Tennessee/Arkansas/Mississippi
- Cigna Expands Offerings for Individuals - Increasing Access to Quality Care in More Communities Across the Country
- Cigna and Dignity Health Reach Agreement on Access to Affordable, Quality Care in California and Nevada
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 2020 Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Names Noelle Eder, Global Chief Information Officer