Cigna Offers Services in Support of Residents of Newtown, CT and Surrounding Communities Impacted by School Shooting
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., December 14, 2012 - Cigna's behavioral health unit is offering free telephonic consultations for two weeks to residents of Newtown, CT and surrounding communities in Fairfield County who are coping with today's school shooting in Newtown. Cigna's behavioral health professionals are qualified clinicians who are skilled at helping people cope with traumatic events.
Residents who don't have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna can call this special toll-free number 24 hours a day during the next 14 days, through December 28: 1.866.912.1687.
Residents who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card.
"This is an unimaginable tragedy, and we want to do what we can to help people in Newtown and surrounding towns," said David Cordani, president and CEO of Cigna. "We grieve for everyone who lost their lives in this senseless shooting."
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability of $5 Million in Grants to Reduce Child Food Insecurity
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Wells Fargo 2019 Healthcare Conference
- Brian Marsella Named Cigna Market President for Midwest Health Plans
- Cigna Delivers Strong Second Quarter 2019 Results, Raises Revenue and Earnings Outlook
- Cigna Collaborates with Memorial Sloan Kettering to Improve Care for People Undergoing Cancer Treatment
- Cigna and Express Scripts Named Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion