Cigna Receives CEO Cancer Gold Standard for 3rd Consecutive Year
- Employee tobacco use down 40 percent
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., April 04, 2012 - For the third consecutive year, global health service company Cigna (NYSE: CI) has been recognized as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ employer by the CEO Roundtable on Cancer. The CEO Cancer Gold Standard recognizes leaders and organizations that are committed to reducing cancer risk among their employees, improving detection and ensuring access to the best available treatment for those who are diagnosed with cancer.
"The CEO Gold Standard accreditation is confirmation that Cigna's wellness programs are impacting lifestyle behaviors that can decrease the risk of cancer among our 33,000 employees worldwide," said David M. Cordani, Cigna chief executive officer. "I could not be more proud of our employees' commitment to our company mission to improve health and well-being. For example, the tobacco use rate among our employees has dropped by nearly 40 percent during the past five years. This, along with being a smoke-free company, has helped our employees lead healthier, more productive lives."
The CEO Gold Standard is awarded to companies who take extensive, concrete actions in five critical health and wellness areas to fight cancer in the workplace:
- Risk Reduction: such as reduced tobacco use, and improved nutrition and physical activity
- Early Detection: through prevention and screening programs
- Quality Care: access to quality treatment and clinical trials
Cigna values, supports and promotes healthy lifestyle choices for employees and their families through its programs, seminars, and personalized support through health coaches.
For more information about The CEO Cancer Gold Standard, go to www.cancergoldstandard.org.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Expands Personalized Diabetes Prevention Program in Collaboration with Omada Health
- U.S. Department of Justice Grants Clearance to Cigna’s Acquisition of Express Scripts
- Cigna Foundation Donates $100,000 to American Red Cross for Hurricane Florence Relief
- Cigna Announces Cigna Ventures with $250 Million to Fund Transformative Innovation and Growth for Health Care
- Cigna Helps Residents in Affected States Prepare for Hurricane Florence
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing of $20 Billion of Senior Notes