Cigna Receives the 2012 UConn School of Business Outstanding Strategic Partner Award
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., April 27, 2012 - Global health service company Cigna will receive the 2012 Outstanding Strategic Partner Award at the University of Connecticut School of Business Hall of Fame Celebration on Friday, April 27, 2012 at the Connecticut Convention Center in downtown Hartford.
"The Outstanding Strategic Partner Award recognizes Cigna for their exceptional commitment to the School through philanthropy, providing valuable internships for our students and special support of a wide variety of our academic programs," said UConn School of Business Interim Dean Karla H. Fox. "Cigna's support and partnership has played an important role in lifting Connecticut's flagship university to the top tier of public institutions."
"UConn is a crown jewel of our home state, and it's a wonderful honor to receive this award as a strategic partner," said Mark Boxer, Global Chief Information Officer and Executive Vice President of Cigna, who is also a graduate, advisor, and adjunct faculty member at the University of Connecticut. "Everyone at Cigna knows the value of UConn because we work alongside hundreds of their alumni in our global headquarters. We look forward to continuing our relationship with UConn, which is so important to the success of our local community."
Founded in 1941, the UConn School of Business has graduated over 30,000 students in a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate business degrees from across four campuses and online.
The University of Connecticut School of Business Hall of Fame Program was inaugurated in 1993 to recognize the business and civic achievements of its alumni. Since then, more than 100 graduates have been recognized for their accomplishments in businesses and communities around the world and, as well, top achieving students, faculty and corporate strategic partners have been awarded for their commitment to the School of Business and the University of Connecticut.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans