Cigna Scores 100% on Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
- Company earns Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality
- Diversity among employees helps company better serve diverse customers
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., November 14, 2012 - Cigna (NYSE: CI), a global leader in health services, has been recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality" by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. Cigna is one of 252 companies that scored 100% on HRC's 2013 Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
"We are pleased to be among the companies that scored 100% on the Corporate Equality Index and we value the recognition of our ongoing commitment to an inclusive environment for all of our employees," said John Murabito, Executive Vice President of Human Resources and Services.
"Cigna's perfect score on the 2013 Corporate Equality Index is an important indicator of our commitment to the health, well being and sense of security of our colleagues and customers. Our employees are a valuable source of insights and experiences, enabling us to better serve the diverse needs of LGBT customers," said Rosanna Durruthy, Cigna's chief diversity officer.
Cigna celebrates the individuality and authenticity of our employees and customers. GO YOU, our brand philosophy, acknowledges and values the differences that contribute to the tremendous potential of every individual. Cigna's "Colleague Resource Groups" and Health Disparities Council support the company's inclusive culture and partner to eliminate health disparities, including those experienced by the LGBT community.
Cigna and The Cigna Foundation support LBGT non-profit charities including The Hetrick Martin Institute (HMI), Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective/One Big Event, the Mautner Project, and others.
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality. The HRC's Corporate Equality Index analyzes and ranks large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- CIGNA IS PROUD TO BE THE PRESENTING SPONSOR OF THE MARINE CORPS MARATHON CONTINUING A TRADITION OF HONORING MEMBERS OF THE US ARMED FORCES
- Cigna Launches Evernorth To Accelerate Delivery Of Innovative And Flexible Health Service Solutions
- John Webb Named Cigna Market President for West Tennessee/Arkansas/Mississippi
- Cigna Expands Offerings for Individuals - Increasing Access to Quality Care in More Communities Across the Country
- Cigna and Dignity Health Reach Agreement on Access to Affordable, Quality Care in California and Nevada
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 2020 Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference