Cigna Statement on Supreme Court Affordable Care Act Ruling
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., June 28, 2012 - The Supreme Court has done its important work, but more work remains to provide secure and affordable health care for every American.
Cigna is committed to promoting greater dialogue and collaboration among customers, physicians, and business and policy leaders to help provide peace of mind and better address the health needs of our customers. As part of our ongoing customer support efforts, Cigna has equipped its existing 365-by-24-by-7 call center hotline [1-800-Cigna-24] with a dedicated team to answer questions and respond to any concerns about the Supreme Court ruling; we'll also engage with customers on Facebook and Twitter, and offer detailed information on our website dedicated to explaining reform - www.InformedOnReform.com.
As the global population ages and faces challenges related to chronic health conditions, Cigna believes we can help lead the drive for long-term quality and cost improvements. Cigna will accomplish this by developing innovative customer rewards, industry-leading health and wellness initiatives, and Accountable Care Organization programs which pursue the goals of improved health outcomes, care affordability, physician engagement and patient satisfaction.
Cigna believes it is incumbent on all of us to find common purpose and to work for a health care system that improves patient outcomes, removes costly waste and ensures every American has quality, affordable health care and the opportunity to maintain continuous health care coverage. We will accomplish this by working with health care professionals, legislators and other stakeholders to find the best solutions that provide coverage for all.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans