Cigna Takes Top Ranking for Overall Favorability in ReviveHealth Survey of Hospital Executives
16 August 2012
Cigna scored tops for overall favorability in ReviveHealth's sixth annual survey of hospital executives, with a 71 percent favorable score. That was up from last year's second place ranking at 65 percent.
Hospital executives also rated Cigna as "the best payer to deal with" for the second year in a row.
The survey asked hospital executives to rate health insurers on more than a dozen factors, from image and reputation, to contract negotiation tactics and claims processing issues.
"The results of this survey reflect the positive momentum that we are creating in the market every day for our partners in the health care delivery system. This recognition is due to our employees who provide a positive experience for health care professionals, who work with our customers every day," said David Cordani, Cigna president and chief executive officer.
According to Julie Vayer, Cigna vice president for Total Health & Network Operations, "Data from this 'report card' is very useful in identifying new improvement opportunities and gauging the impact of past improvement initiatives. We continually gather feedback and insights from hospitals and health care professionals and assess data that will drive continuous improvement and help health care professionals improve the health and well being of the people we serve."
Vayer added, "Cigna's continued strong performance in the ReviveHealth study reflects the company's commitment to becoming the partner of choice for hospitals and health care professionals by listening to and acting on their needs, pursuing continuous improvement, and making significant improvements in technology and claims payment processes.
Link to ReviveHealth Survey (pdf)
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans